1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This could only make sense to a Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Dec 7, 2009.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

1. Jim Jones used unsweetned grape Flavor-Aid, not Kool Aid.

2. They teach that in high school.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Go back to reading comprehension class Mitch. I clearly said in my first post, "The sign in the doctor's office was either not true or referring to something else." I gave the doctor the benefit of the doubt. You, on the other hand, are clearly a person that just wants to argue for the sake of arguing. It's OK, brother, I forgive you :).

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

*sigh*

How many times must this be gone over?

The system will not be with a level playing field.

All of the government regulations and policies (plus the fact that Obamacare can operate at a loss, unlike real businesses) will force insurers to either voluntarily close up shop, or go out of business.

So no...most of us won't be able to keep our health insurance.

Folks who insist on the contrary are either obtuse or deliberately deceitful.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

uhhuh you later said the doctor was lying. Nice try at a redirect but it doesn't fly. We will end it here but you know what you have done.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No redirect, Bub. Once again, you need to go back to reading comprehension class. I clearly had a qualifying statement (hint it starts with 'If').

It's OK, I still forgive you brother. Oh, I'm still waiting for your proof that Medicaid doesn't cover routine vaccinations.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Paul,

But don't forget the definitition of George Orwell's "doublethink":
    Winston Smith's definition (Main character of George Orwell's 1984) of DoubleThink: a simultaneous belief in two contradictory ideas.

If you want, go back to my previous post and read the full definition.

Here is what I mean:
    IN The obama Newsvine we read

"The 2010 budget for Medicare, the health insurance program for people 65 and older, is proposed at $453 billion. That's a 6.5 percent increase from 2009".

However, the new Health Care bill cuts 400 billion from Medicare.

So, I get to keep my medicare but every trip to my doctor will probably end up with him/her saying

"take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning from the hospice if you are still alive".

HankD

7. FR7 Baptist

I've read the book. I don't need your definition. I can't say much about your Medicare figures without sources, but the $400B cut is over 10 years. It could be that Medicare spending was set to increase more that $40B next year. I don't get the point of your last statement.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you bother?

He's drowning in Kool Aide.

9. FR7 Baptist

That's nice to hear from someone who has never met me. Do you think supporting health care reform makes me a bad Christian?

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not at all...but if you support this "health care reform," it does mean you are a poor judge of what is good fiscal policy, and it does mean that you are neglecting what is a significant threat to individual liberties.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Some folks think that the next best thing to a savior, a part from Jesus, is the government.

12. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that Obama's public option will not have a level the playing field with private plans. The public option is supposed to be more competitive than private insurance so that those who cannot afford a private plan can still get insurance without going to Medicare/Medicaid, especially if they do not qualify for those programs. It tries to capture more people who are uninsured.

So yes, it is not meant to be "fair" to private insurance companies but "fair" to the insured.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read your comments.

Anyone that believes at this late date that whoever wants to "can keep their current health insurance" is just not paying attention, being deliberately obtuse, or is so partisan that all they can do is, without thought or reasoning, repeat Obama's talking points.

A Kool Aide drinker.

#33 carpro, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The death panels will now have a bigger population to play around with.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to Rev. Mitchell, you have one more opportunity to educate yourself:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=63192

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Sorry, but this logic, isn't.

When the private insurers are undercut, they go out of business. Then their customers are left with the government plan (especially if the house plan goes forward...that forces you to take the gov't plan if your plan changes or is cancelled).

That's simply the facts. It will happen.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The liar in chief is not trying to be fair to anyone. He is trying to usher in a New World Order where he gets to play robin hood in false scenario. He wants babies dead and terrorists alive.

18. FR7 Baptist

19. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some that try to compete at the same market that the public option caters to will go out of business. Others that compete for different markets or aggressively compete in the same market as the public option will do well.

It is similar to Walmart coming in to a new neighborhood. Smaller businesses will need to adapt to meet the changing landscape. Those that do well often specialize in niche markets or offer superior customer service. In this case, these "smaller businesses" are actually multi-million dollar corporations with lots of resources, capital and connections at their disposal to rebrand themselves while trying to maintain their customer base from leaving for a competitor, something they have always been doing.

20. targus

targus New Member

Update -

I just heard on the morning news that dems now are proposing decreasing the age for Medicare to 55.

No word on increased funding though - must be plannning on rationing to make up for the increase in demand on the system.