1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is bad and its getting a little tiring.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yet another supposed minister of the Gospel gets caught ripping off his congregation, this time in the terms of millions.

http://snipurl.com/c1md

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Turn your eyes upon Jesus
    Look full in his wonderful face.
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His glory and grace"

It sure is a shame that "the things of earth" have such a hold on folks, is it not? :(

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Want to know how rich you really are???

Add up everything you have that money can't buy and death can't take away!!!

That's how rich you are!!!

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pastor is a former worship leader for Rod Parsley; his current church took over Benny Hinn's Florida church when Hinn moved to Dallas.

Looks like another WoF pastor eating the "seed" of his flock.

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

The gullibility of people never ceases to amaze me.

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

read the article. All I can say is , "big deal, so what?"

Any fool can see that a "church" who gives their pastor a "$1,000,000" home is not interested in the Gospel.

In HIS service;
    Jim

7. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

It goes to show christians should not go by their pastor alone but what the Bible says, My pastor always incurages our church to check everything he says in the Bible and to check everything anyone else says.

8. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I well remember wehen I was teaching a college class, that I was VERY emphatic to the kids that if I ever said ANYTHING that didn't sound right (biblical) to challenge me. I also told my wife that if she heard me say anything questionable to stop me in the middle of the lesson to clarify and/or correct.

It's amazing how many times there could have been some problem, but a little further explanation cleared up the fog.

I was (am; still teaching adults) scared-to-death that I may inadvertantly lead someone astray by erroneous teaching.

If I espouse some view that has no biblical support, I am extremely cautious to let the class know that it is just that--MY VIEW; not from scripture.

I can guarentee that if I have ever led someone astray on the biblical truths, it has been either a misinterpretation by others, OR an unknowing goof on my part!

9. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

I didnt say all preachers arent to be trusted or if they make a mistake it was on purpose, I stated that all people should check all pastors because even if the miss-inturprtaion was a mistake they still need to know the right. I made shure this was clear with the second line, look at both lines not just one.

10. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that what I said?? :confused:

11. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

"I can guarentee that if I have ever led someone astray on the biblical truths, it has been either a misinterpretation by others, OR an unknowing goof on my part!"
    Thats what i was going by, I apologise if thats not what you were saying i am just very defencive because i get attacked a lot for people because I will say things that are true but very strong. No offence if read your whole post as a angry responce to mine, I was wrong.

12. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    don 3426, I don't know you, or the background you come from, but may I suggest that you read the answers to your posts a little slower, and think about possible meanings other than your initial interpretation.

You will find some who will "slap" you around just because they can do it annoymously, but most, by far the most, here will give you a fair shake if you show the least inkling to be "a good sport" and don't take a disagreement with your views as a personal attack.

Just chill out, and enjoy the many and varied viewpoints posted here, & if you disagree, say so & why. It doesn't need (in fact shouldn't) to be personal.

May you have many fruitful discussions here!

MARANATHA!!!

13. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Don3426,
    I'm sure I know hwat you were saying and I understand.When I teach or preach it is Bible through and through,with many hours of study to make sure I get it right.I always tell people to trust the Word. I have had people at times ask me what I thought about one thing or another and my reply was and is always the same,"it does'nt matter what I think if it is balanced in the Word of God".So I agree with you very much.

14. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

just want peace
    i do not usually flip out at people the respond right after mine, yours very well could have been a response to mine in the way i took it it had nothing to do with me not reading it anyone could have mad that mistake, but i didnt insult u in my post and i appologised for saying u only read one line and i explained why. i did not go looking for a fight anyother time i was refering to people cutting my words up when i state somthing innocent that people pick apart to be wrong. I did not act irrationaly to them and i am a good sport as u say it was one time when i misunderstood your statement after being insulted. i would be surprised to find somone who has not accidentaly jumped on someone after and uptite insident.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if that church needs a new pastor. A million dollar home? Lots of $$?

I could become available . . . :rolleyes:

16. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

What, Dr. Bob, are the salaries for reformed baptist pastors in Casper not in the 6 figure range?? :eek:

17. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

I already sent them my resume.