1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is really great!!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bonnie Chew, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Bonnie Chew

Bonnie Chew New Member

This so impressed me that I sent it to everyone I know and now I'm posting it here.

Subject: Lt Col Brian Scully on Unity

Here is that devotion that I was telling you about. I hope it is as much of a blessing to you as it was to me. Have a blessed day. Yours in Christ Jesus, - Bonnie Chew

Scripture reading: Nehemiah 12-13; Acts 4: 23-37

These verses in Acts remind me of only one thing. In all the roles I possess in life (Husband, Dad, leader, follower, brother, etc), the one primary job I have stands out as clear as crystal in these verses. Can you read these verses and see it? Do you know what I'm referring to? I won't keep you in suspense any longer. These verses shout of the power of teamwork. Never underestimate the power of a team. It is exponentially greater than the power of an individual. Notice what the Word of God says in verse 24, "...they lifted up their voice to God with one accord...."
    The Christians were of one mind, one direction, one purpose, one accord, "one heart and of one soul (v.32)." As a result, "the place was shaken" and they spake with boldness, "they had all things in common" and God gave them "great power."

This excites me and really charges me up. Look how God blessed them when they were functioning as a team. Think of your roles in life at work, home, as a Christian, etc. Our job is to build, strengthen, and otherwise add value to the teams that we're on. What makes a family great? Teamwork!
    What makes your job great? Teamwork! What built America and made it great? Teamwork!!! Follow me on this: Great Christians don't fly solo, they inspire the team to achieve more for God's glory! Think how well Pastor does this. He builds teams of which we are a part and you can see God's blessing all over us. We're all beneficiaries of God's blessing on the ministry because of our unity.

Unity of purpose, shared vision, and most importantly, the Hand of God, will create momentum in our lives that is unfathomable. How're you team building skills? Are you on the team or do you fight against it? Do you strengthen it or tear it down? Are you on the bandwagon or not? Are you flying solo or in formation? Think of the Blue Angels. They're great not because they're individually great pilots but they're great because of the skill in which they interact with each other. Replace the word "team" with any that you belong to: marriage, work, family, church, etc. Do you accept 100% responsibility for the success or failure of it? You need to! So do I?

This is huge! Don't fail to catch this. Chew on this all day today and apply it to every area of your life and watch God do miracles before your eyes. Your attitude toward the team will directly affect God's blessing it or not. I pray I don't let the team down. Don't you let me down either. We are in this fight together. Are you in?

~ Br. Brian Scully