1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is why...

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by onestand, May 31, 2004.

1. onestand

onestand New Member

Okay, I realize that tracts have their purpose, but this is one of the reasons why I don't like them.

My mother in law's pastor and his wife came to eat at the resturant I work at. I have been to their church more than a handful of times and spoken to them both personally face to face. Before they left he stands up and gives me a tract, now...they both know I'm a Christian but even though I had been to their church a number of times they still did not know who I was.

I feel it's crucial that tracts are handed out very carefully, I didn't need that tract at all so it literally went to waste because I won't use tracts either.

[ July 17, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: SaggyWoman ]

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

I do not know all the details that you do. Have you ever given your personal testimony to this pastor and his wife? One way to use tracts is to enclose it with the monthly bills that one mails out. To me it seems that tracts are fairly inexpensive in cost. Some times I carry tracts and put it in my shirt pocket and hope that I meet someone and can give it to a person that I may talk during the day. I do not have all the answers for I have a fear problem in talking with others about the Lord. Thanks for reading, Mr. Messy

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Onestand, I agree with you. In this case, tracts become a confrontational object. In this case, they simply assumed you were unsaved, which I think is rude of them. This has happenned to me before.

Mr Messy, it should not be necessary for any of us to have to give our testimonies to every person we meet right away. That, too, is as presumptuous as assuming that the person you haven't met is not saved.

4. Bible Student

Bible Student New Member

Johnv,

I do not think it is rude if someone gives me a tract. I just praise the Lord that someone is giving out the plan of salvation.

Onestand,

The tract I get never goes to waste, I will just pass it on.

Richard

5. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

I give tracts to those I have spoken with. I typically do not leave them with a tip, or in bills. I use it as a re-inforcement to what we have discussed or as an invitation to come to our church.

6. rufus

rufus New Member

Onestand said:

Just hand the tract to someone else and live in such a way that everyone will know your a Christian, friend.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus being God never lived a life that people came to Him solely through His example. He spoke the gospel not just lived it.