1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Should Be the Scariest Thing in the News You Read Today

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...movement-of-every-vehicle-with-license-plate/
    Please note what the police officer quoted in the article says:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There may not be an expectation of privacy while driving down the road, but there is an expectation that our government is not unjustly keeping a database on us just for engaging in simple day to day activities which have nothing to do with enforcing any actual laws broken.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's NOT just a vehilcle, nor JUST a license plate. It's SOMEONE's vehicle, and SOMEONE's license plate.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is true there is no expectation of privacy if you are in public, but why police departments would save images for years is what I want to know. Think of the massive amounts of memory and server space those image would occupy. In fact, just thinking about the memory required makes me disbelieve they keep these images for more than a month or so.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#5 poncho, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#6 poncho, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  7. thisnumbersdisconnected

If I haven't been anywhere I shouldn't be, why do I care if they know where I have been? And, if I haven't been anywhere I shouldn't be -- or, for example, haven't frequently visited an area under surveillance for suspicious activity -- why would they look behind my license plate number, so to speak, to find out who I am? Again, this is paranoia running rampant.

#7 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I agree. Mass paranoia has led us to giving up our privacy and liberties for safety.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

You're twisting my words. I haven't given up anything. My freedoms as promised under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are as intact as they were at the time the ink was still wet.

I tire of those who insist on believing we live in a police state. We don't. If you wish to believe otherwise, feel free, as free as such opinions still are in this country. If there were truly restrictions on such freedoms, you couldn't continue to post them. You would simply disappear. Your continued presence is evidence defying your viewpoint.