1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This stinks!!!:(

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by windcatcher, Mar 17, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Not feeling very charitable right now.

Was looking at thread here concerning chickens and running the links when I had time...... now can't find thread.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you do a search - I just searched for chickens and found a number of threads, also you can email a moderator.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I guess you're really trying to help but you're not.....

I already 'searched'.........chickens.... and some 260something threads...few from hobby section and none turned up the thread I was originally looking at earlier.

This forum says there are 719 topics....... What happened to 700 of them?????

All other forums I've ever joined have pages which topics overflow to under each topic head.

When I was a moderator, deleteing post was considered to be an exceptional act for a significant breech of rule.... not because of opinion disagreement or too many post to a forum division. Questions, like this, which might have interest to other member (though unexpressed) were addressed candidly and openly by a moderator or administrator . Granted ..... it is not easy or possible for members of most mod squads to watch all posts and all subjects at all times.... but eventually something stands out...... like a subject line perhaps... that grabs their attention.

Archived post usually followed some reasonable rule like of time......which could be figured out by member posters... But post which were archived were not active during the current year. However we are so early into 2008 for a forum like 'hobby' or 'books' that retention of half of 2007 topics in the current forum for retrivial would seem reasonable.

But, for the time being, I'm just a member of this board, and only voicing my opinion....part of which is based upon experiences on other boards........... what do I know????? NOthing really!!!!!

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " I guess you're really trying to help but you're not....."

Yes I was - excuse me for trying :thumbs:

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Thank you!
    That was it exactly!

What I don't understand is why did that thread disappear from the index under this forum when its posting was so recent..... February 2008? What about other topics which have been recently posted but are now no longer available unless a person already has some idea that they existed and knows specifically enough to successfully search for them.....
    I wasn't even sure of the original poster.... and searching for 'chickens' brought up lots of stuff on other forums and topics... but very few related directly to chickens.

7. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Okay....
    Stubborn me....but I think I learned something...

FWIW: Instead of using the 'search' from the heading on the board.... use the 'search' on the upper right location under the forum in which a subject is posted... this will pull up all postings in that forum which have relevance to search without inclusion of the whole board, and perhaps omissions of some postings which would have been produced if forum specific... Hope this makes some sense...if there are others who have been similarly stumped.

8. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Windcatcher--if you go to the Hobby/Travel Forum page and scroll down to the bottom, you will see a "Display Options" box. You probably have your setting for 10 days. You can change this and see posts from longer time periods instead of just the last 10 days. Sometimes that's more effective than doing a search and coming up with over 700 matches. :tonofbricks:

Hope that helps...:wavey:

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

EUREKA!!!! Gwen....it works!!:thumbs:

(Actually had tried this several times before but was getting no response from my browser..... Finally, when trying to switch between forums got message 'IE isn't working"...... lol.... Had to close and restart browser.... then I saw this post and decided to try it again.... and got a RESPONSE! Thankyou thankyou! I always feel so stupid when I voice a complaint...cause usually I've tried just about everything to figure it out myself....but couldn't.)

Thanks again....
    Now I know what to do.... I do like to forage through past topics.:wavey:

10. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

You're welcome! Glad it helped. :type:

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Praise Jesus, you have been freed, all because of the chickens.