1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured This world age cannot last much longer are ready to meet Jesus?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by GISMYS, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Thessalonians 1 is making my point about wrath.
    Revelation, belivers are where?

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you

3. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

yes!! after the rapture millions will see their error and seek God, they too will be saved but many will die under anti-christ rule. Why not wise up and GO UP in the rapture. God does not want his family to suffer under anti-christ rule in the years of the great tribulation!!! BUT YOUR CHOICE!

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rejected dispensationalism long ago for reasons evident in this thread. Scripture can't support the claims. Still havent supported the Jesus approaching then leaving claim from scripture.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

#45 convicted1, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So we have a new member here pushing his eschatology (which I've learned from way back in the 70s but have come to see that Scripture doesn't support it and so I've listened to Scripture and not "silly little man's ideas and opinion". That is OK. I know there are many who have been taught this and I don't question their salvation over this secondary matter. However, we see this new poster doesn't afford the same grace to others and has clearly questioned the salvation of those on this board who disagree with him. I find that concerning.

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I was thinking the same thing, Ann. I know I'm still relatively new to the board, but it's funny to see the new kid walk in and try to act like he owns the place.

Then again, this new kid has also pushed the notion that repeating the prayer of another is equivalent to salvation, so I don't hold very kindly to his views in the first place.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please state your position as your view; your opinion. If possible use scripture to back it up.

YOU MAY ATTACK A POSITION BUT NOT A PERSON.

Reread the rules if you have to. Post with grace. Refrain from attacking others.
    DO NOT QUESTION THEIR SALVATION.

9. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

My position my view my opinion is to believe God's Word.=='THE CATCHING UP" is the rapture! I choose to believe God's Word and ignore silly little man's ideas and opinion. Believe God's Word==15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.
    1 Thessalioans 4:14-18

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No problem. That is your view. It is a good one. You believe the Bible.
    However, those who have differing views also believe the Bible, and just because they differ from you does not mean that they don't believe the Bible or are not saved. Any such inference is wrong.

11. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

I seek truth and I find all truth in God's Word not in the ideas and opinions of little man. I seek to share God's truth with others as is the command of Jesus for believers to do.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are seeking the truth??
    Tell me; what truth are you seeking? Perhaps I can help you.
    If you are still seeking truth how will you know when you have found it?

13. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

THE "TRUTH" all truth is found in God's Word as I read God's word God reveils His truth to me and HE would do the same for anyone seeking "TRUTH"!=======I LIKE THIS SCRIPTURE==
    Isaiah 54:17
    God says to me ==No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I was just asking.
    You said:
    Just making sure. No need to get nasty.

15. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

Pharisees attacked Jesus and Jesus tells us that we will be hated and attacked but to remember He said,"they attacked and hated me first" and so it is even today!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you are like Jesus and being "attacked" for your truth? You are comparing yourself to Christ?

17. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

The words of Jesus==18"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.John 15:18 It is God's word that says beliervers are sons of God. PTL. There is no downside to living my life as a son of God!!!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Listen carefully, and do it for your own good.
    This post located here:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2161087&postcount=48
    was for your own good. It was a warning.

Any violation of it will result in infractions.
    It was not an attack. You are the one that has "attacked" many posters in this forum, even to the point of questioning their salvation as they have pointed it out to you. You don't have to play the martyr's card with me. I have read the thread.
    I am not a Pharisee, and you are not Jesus (sorry to disappoint).

There are rules here to abide by. You should have read them when you "agreed" at the time you registered, or did you lie?
    If not go to the bottom of the page and read them again.
    On this forum the purpose is to have genuine and fruitful debate. It is not a place to throw stones at others.

If you don't want to debate there are other forums, like the fellowship forum where you can talk about the weather, knitting, and all other kinds of subjects.

No one is compelling you to stay here. If you don't want to abide by the rules set forth by the administration you can pick up your marbles and exit by the back door. No one will stop you. We appreciate you stopping by.
    If you decide to stay, however, we ask that you post in grace keeping others in mind. This is a public forum. Let Christ be glorified and not ourselves.

19. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Consider your statement in BOLD above. I've always wondered about this particular eschatological position and how those that ascribe to it reconcile the notion that we cannot know the day nor the hour when Jesus is coming back, but they'll turn around and say He's coming back exactly seven years after certain events. But, that's just a curiosity of mine...

Not meaning offense here, GISMYS, but I get the sense that you "attack" others as much as you act as though you are the one being attacked.

20. GISMYS

GISMYS Member

LOL!! WOW!! Matthew ch. 23 is God's word to and about the pharisees it is a very good read!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.