1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Those in hell for Arminianism and Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Nicholas25, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Do you think it is a sin to lie? If so, you should avoid doing so yourself.

I never gave my "thumbs up" concerning charismatics, I just mentioned that they are not all the same, and in spite of their errors, they are closer to the truth than what many Calvinists believe.

Second lie. I denied being an Arminian because I am not one.

Again, as a "pastor" you should avoid telling lies about others, it isn't becoming.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Since you are playing the role of father and scolding the "children", why do you only scold one and not the other?

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Uh, that wasn't about you. You should probably not have assumed and gotten so "huffy wuffy" thinking it was you. :wavey:

Lighten up, Francis. :thumbsup:

#103 preacher4truth, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  4. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple. I don't read every post in every thread. Though we might agree in most (some?) areas of theology, Luke2427 is admittedly quite a bit more abrasive than I am. However, in this particular instance, it was Luke who made the statement accusing Robert and it was Robert who made the response that seemingly confirmed Luke's accusation. So, the response was based on the situation, not the theology of the persons involved in the exchange.

Had the roles or situation been reversed, I would likely have made the same comments to Luke.

The Archangel

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Since you posting directly followed mine without quoting any other poster, I took it to be a response to what I had said. Sorry! :love2:

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

Even if one disagrees with the conclusions of Luther and Calvin (with specific reference to monergism), it is quite unfair to assert that either of them did not understand the Bible. After all, soteriology isn't the only subfield of theology.

Also, we have to consider their contributions in context. In the context of the works-salvation propagated by the RCC, Luther and Calvin represented a marked improvement in biblical interpretation. That is, they actually attempted to interpret the Bible instead of relying on the magisterium and church tradition.

Even in reformation context, Calvin was probably the "best of the bunch."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.