1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Those who hate the King James Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Thanks, that's a better and nicer answer than the one that I typed out (and deleted)!

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm in a good mood tonight. My daughter is well and I'm processing some pictures and video off my camera. The pictures is from a wedding yesterday where two Chinese graduate students, who came to the Lord through a ministry of our church, married. The bride had stayed with us for Thanksgiving 4 years ago. The video was a fun video I took of my 18 year old daughter and 10 year old son dancing during worship practice. It is too cute to NOT be in a good mood. LOL So my answer reflected that tonight. :)

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

[post snipped - warning to Askjo to refrain from such attack]

#23 Askjo, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK, so you ask me a question that is worded in a way that is totally accusatory, attacking faithful translations and you expect me to answer that? I'm sorry but I will not. Please do pray and examine your heart in this matter. It seems to be very angry and that is not from God.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

1. Name one.

2. Anti-Christs don't waste time translating the Bible. They don't believe it is God's Word in the first place so why would they??

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Are Anti-Christs Christians? That is impossible. Anti-Christs wore the sheep clothing and they looked like Christians. They work with other Christians anywhere. They would tell you that they are not haters of God-speaking. Believe them or not? David Cloud told you. Dr Waite told you. David W Daniels told you. Many told you. Why did defenders of MVs reject them? Do you reject KJV defenders’s warnings concerning them?

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fact:
    The title was "I hate the KJV Poll"

Fact:
    It asked do you love the KJV—yes or no?

Fact:
    Over a quarter of BB voters chose no.

:confused:

From the results page you can simply click to see the discussion.

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Southern Seminary's Michael Haykin recently posted about Hugh Broughton:

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Broughton sounds like he opposed the 'new version' as he put it the same way some folks today oppose new versions. What made him wrong?

Thanks for clarifying who the translators were talking about. It is obvious that they were not talking about anyone alive today, but someone who opposed a modern version in 1611.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This poll is meaningless. The title asks one thing and the poll asks another. Then the assumption is made that if one does not claim to love the KJV they must hate it.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

T-minus 10, T-minus 9, T-minus 8............

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sorry but this makes no sense so I will stop here. Have a great week.

13. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I have just followed your link, but unfortunately it takes me only to the results of the poll which, in spite of its title, asked, "Do you love the KJV Bible?" So I have no idea how many of those who voted "No" went on to post messages pointing to the difference between the thread title and its question, or saying something like, "I voted no, I don't love the KJV, but that doesn't mean I hate it."

I somehow doubt that many (if any) of the 19 people who voted "No", actually hated the KJV.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4 - You took the words right out of my mouth!

The KJV is a very good translation - but it is not perfect. I do NOT hate the KJV, but neither will I say I love it.

Jerome, As far as finding the comments to the poll- I was unable - if you can link it, I would appreciate it.

15. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Click on the thread title at the top of the linked page.

16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I'll bite...I hate the KJV. Now do you want to let us in on what you're trying to get at?

17. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Some evidently love their Bible more than they do fellow believers. It's a sad thing when one's Bible becomes a god to be worshiped and used as a weapon to deliberately hurt others with.

18. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I love the King James Bible!

[​IMG]

...Bob

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is one thing to prefer or think any given translation in any given language is "best", "most accurately reflecting the inspired originals", or "better in my mind than any other translation".

Is is another to say ONLY xyz translation is correct and even corrects the original Greek text, or is the ONLY one whereby one can be saved. The two leading voices of the KJVonly sect - Ruckman in Pensacola, since 1970 and Hyles in Hammond, since 1980 - hold those views.

I don't think anyone on the BB today "worships" the KJV. Don't think anyone on the BB today will have a large styrofoam replica of AV1611 paraded up and down the aisles of their church while the choir sings worship songs to the image (as happened a few years ago at Pastor's "School" in Hammond). I hope not.

20. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Amen! Let's celebrate it. :godisgood:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.