1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Those Who Never Heard the Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 13, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Then God never had any Salvation for them to hear about ! Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

God in His Providence will send the Word of Salvation to those He saved through Christ !

Acts 13:26

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

The word sent in the greek means to go to a appointed place !

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't one holding to say calvinistics beliefs see this as being God elective work to reddem his own peoples out since the time of the first original sin of Adam though?

That we can thankful for those who did receive salvation, as ALL should have been lost, not the ones that actually were?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

And It is very appropiate to realize whom the Word of Salvation is sent, Acts 13:26

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Those who fear God, which can only be the regenerated or Born Again since man by nature does not fear God ! Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHY do so many have 'tunnel vision' when it comes to these chapters in Romans?

"Does Paul mention or list ANY KIND OF POSTIVE RESPONSE?"

Yes, he does.

"Isn't every response mentioned negative?"

No, it is not.

In v 7 there are those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and incorruption. In v 10 there are those who are rendered glory and honor and peace for their good works, both Jew and non-Jew. In vv 13-15 are those that 'do by nature' the things of the law BECAUSE they've had the law written upon their hearts. In v 29 there those who are Jews inwardly, whose praise is of God BECAUSE they've been circumcised in heart.

#24 kyredneck, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those "deeds and good works" were NOT basis of their salvation, was the result OF being saved....

NO MAN will or can be justified before God by doing the law, as NONE can do it worthy enough manner!

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is not what you said on the other thread in regard to Old Testament people of God! You claimed the law was capable of regulating their lives and thus producing obedience to God and that is the explanation for people in the Old Testament living a life pleasing to God. Therefore you make the claim that law keeping can obtain a pleasing life to God before the cross.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God forbid! I did not mean to state that, so you must have misunderstoond me!What I have always said is that the law was givne to isreal by God to regulate their society, to show them as being the Covenant people/nation, and that by them NOT being able to keep it, would convict them of their inability to get saved and point them to messiah!

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Better watch out; you will get called a cultist and apostate.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So, people have no choice not to sin, but then they are condemned even though they had no way to escape condemnation -- they couldn't believe in something they had no knowledge of. Interesting concept of God's justice and mercy you have there. :rolleyes:

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Indeed.

The PB position is at least consistent. And even though I don't agree with the Calvinism of the PBs, their beliefs about the elect extending to those who never had a chance to know of Jesus is much more in line with God's character -- His mercy and justice -- than with what others believe.

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I do, too.

12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thank you very much for that.

That is what I have been contending, and I have been called all kinds of vile things.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    remember that His ways and thoughts are NOT our ways and thoughts, as what He decides to do may not fit into your "fairness" scale!

14. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I realize that.

But I bet it will fit into a "fairness scale" which will be more merciful, just, and loving than what I've seen coming from many here.

15. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And He will be more vengeful and just than what you purport Him to be.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that we have NO idea on just HOW Holy God really is, and how putrid sin would be to him!

Thank God that he chose to save ANY of us, for if he was NOT a God of Love, but say Allah, NONE would have a chance!

17. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

So true.

But we do have assurance that those who do not know Christ will not be in God's eternal kingdom. Nothing that defiles will enter therein.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Of course, God will consider if someone ever heard God’s truth or not.

19. billwald

billwald New Member

If "God IS love" then the null condition is "elect" except for those specifically named in the Bible as reprobate.

20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am willing to let God be God. Are you?

Jesus reveals the character of God. I trust that.