1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Those Who Never Heard the Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

You obviously are not willing to "let God be God."

God tells us salvation is by grace through faith.

You want to question God's Word just as the serpent did in the garden by saying one can be saved without even knowing who Christ is or even hearing the Gospel.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Here's the correct answer to the OP question. It is found in Romans 2.

Paul writes that those who don't have the law are a law unto themselves. I think that means that those who have never heard the gospel will be not be condemned for unbelief. So what is the basis of their condemnation?

It is that each person has a sense of right and wrong--a moral code. Paul called it the "law written on their hearts" (some might call it conscience). Now, we ourselves know that we can't keep the law perfectly. That's why we must by faith put on the righteousness of Christ.

Those who never heard the gospel can't keep their own moral code perfectly either. They will recognize that truth and admit that God's judgment on them is just.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I believe that the scripture you are talking about in Romans 2 is about saved Gentiles.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We can continue the discussion about the mentally disabled here.
    With your beliefs and reasoning, the severely mentally disabled cannot go to heaven when they die.

5. Steadfast Fred

God has given to every man the measure of faith. I would think that would include the mentally challenged.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Some mentally disabled people cannot understand what they cannot see. So, with your beliefs and reasoning, God has given all a faith and they are saved anyway, is that what you are saying?
    By the way, I know what I believe, just trying to get you to see you are wrong.

7. Steadfast Fred

I am not wrong.

Jesus said if ye do not believe that I am He ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus gives even the mentally challenged enough faith to believe. What they do with that faith is their choice.

They don't just get a free ticket to heaven.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I am not questioning God's Word; I am affirming it.

There you go again, attacking me personally, comparing me to Satan.

Let this be the evidence that I said I would not initiate personal attacks here, and I am not. But look at who is. I asked that this not be done in this thread.

Whatever you say about me personally here, I will not retaliate.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

However, the mentally disabled who cannot hear the message are not rejecting what they do not know.

What do you mean Jesus gives even the mentally challenged enough faith to believe? Faith comes from hearing. How do you think the mentally disabled have faith to believe?
    People who are mentally disabled are as if people who never heard the gospel. They never heard the truth. What does a free ticket mean? You must also believe babies and young people who died without learning of Jesus are in hell too.

10. Steadfast Fred

You assume that the mentally challenged cannot hear the message. You have no proof that they do not hear. God said He gives every man the measure of faith. Every is all inclusive.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I know some mentally disabled people who do not understand.
    Faith comes from hearing. Do you not know the scriptures say that?

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So are babies who die sent to hell?

13. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

5. Do babies go to heaven when they die? The ultimate answer to this question is found in the answer to another question: "Will not the God of all the earth do right?" (compare Genesis 18:25). Concerning the infant who dies---God will do the right thing. The all-wise, loving God will do what is right, in light of God's holy and righteous character. May we learn to rest on this wonderful fact!

6. Although the Bible does not specifically declare that infants who die will go to heaven, there is a weight of Biblical evidence which points in this direction. We can safely say that infants who die will be safe in the arms of Jesus and will spend eternity with Him in heaven.

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/salvatio/infantsa.htm

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What say you about the mentally disabled?

15. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

That question has already been answered.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you steadfastfred’s wife?

I am talking about the severely mentally disabled, the people I know who cannot understand.

Please show scripture that Jesus gives faith to those who have not heard the message.

Since you claim all people have faith from Jesus, then why do you believe people who have never heard the message will go to hell?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Our church has a great ministry to the mentally disabled and I'd say those I've met have a stronger faith than me!

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I taught special ed kids for 12 years. "Normal" people could learn a lot from them.

19. Steadfast Fred

Moriah doesn't seem to think so.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

I do not believe there is any such person.