1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Thou Shalt Not Kill" Christians Killing?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Petrabilt, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Petrabilt

Petrabilt New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31177459#31177459

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_news/2009/06/08/2910425-trouble-on-the-hill?pc=25&sp=50#discussion

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/06/08/1957113.aspX

learning2care
    How unChristian. He could have sold them that little piece of property if he truly wanted peace. The Bible says turn the other cheek and love your neighbor as yourself. Obviously he didn't love himself. He was no Christian and neither were the people who stood by him. When they stated that he was a good person and did no wrong. Good people don't do what he calculated and carried out! They, out of true Christian principal should have said Jack was wrong but we've choosen to stick by him.

Christ is the ultimate example of what to do when someone is not good to you and Kenney did not practice what Christ teaches. His weekly Bible studies was just something he did, not something he practiced. If he studied the Bible like he wants us to believe, it says vengence is God's, God would repay. It was something to say, I go to chruch, I study the Bible, I'm a good person... But his actions told who he truly is!

Why was he not living with his family? I think Solegene is not in touch with reality. His wife and other daughter is awfully quiet about what manner of person he is. Hmmmm.

Listening to his lies on the stand makes me know that he lied about the camera and neck brace story. I believe he lounged at her and hurt himself and then lied about it.

He calculated their murder. Why did he go outside with his gun instead of doing what the lawyers said, he should have called the cops! He gives Christianity a bad name. That is not what TRUE Christians do.

I pray that the Grimes will find comfort for thier sorrows and Kenney will admit that he was wrong and then maybe he will start to understand the true meaning of what it means to be a Christian.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I caught this show a little bit at a truck stop in Oklahoma watched the rest online along with additional information and comment board.

Why are people who profess to know Christ and go to church are killing people sometimes in the church sanctuaries. Today another killing we do not know yet if this person was a church goer but he did post on Free Republic and was an Obama doubter on his birth certificate just like SOME on this board. ??? what is going on , is it because times have changed not to their liking and they are angry about the world.

#1 Petrabilt, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because someone says they are Christian does not make it so.

Mat 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just going to church makes you as Christian as going to your garage makes you a car.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

as agree with the above two statements.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

That man was also a father, a husband, an engineer, a former teacher/professor, and a veteran..... among other things: So it was reported. It is not the focus of the story to make the subject "Christian".... so that says something about our own myopia, when this is what we or others 'read' into it.

Unless I missed something...... the report says he attended a Bible study and a church.... and the significance of the Bible study was no more than any other event which could have been the embarassing setting where his neighbors "crashed" the event to make their confrontation public and more personal. Associating this with 'Christian" is a trick of the devil. It also mentioned a public board before which he and his neighbor presented their cases..... but that event didn't sound as purposely confrontational or embarassing.

We need to be discerning and keep educating others who make this or similar mistakes in association.

It was a terrible tragic event..... and serves only to remind all people.... of whatever beliefs or background..... that it doesn't pay to harbor pride, discontent, anger, jealousy, or fear: Emotions are not rational and seldom respond to the exercise of logical thinking and presentation or understanding unless one is able and willing to allow their own to cool. Unresolved conflicts are often fed by parties on both sides involving their emotions, and neither side has the uncommon sense to back off and try to position their thinking in 'the other man's shoes' to resolve an issue, or consider what cost may be extracted from their bank account of built up animosity if they continue to make desposit into each other's emotional banks without making available some relief. Both sides were determined in their own 'rights' and their own 'control' and their own selfishness: The origins of this tragedy are in the fall of man in the garden.... and murder goes all the way back to two brothers, one who allowed resentment to build up and refused to face his own weakness or be willing to repent. I doubt that Cain's solution of killing his brother gave him the relief he sought in his own solution. Just like the man in this story..... the survivor lost all that he had in his emotional and careless solution.

6. Petrabilt

Petrabilt New Member

Last I hear Kinney is trying to appeal

Thanks Targus for your detailed answer, last I heard Kinney is trying to appeal his conviction and still has no remorse.

I think what really struck me is how his church defendded him , did they really get to know the guy.

He was in a mens bible group, usually guys get to know each other pretty good in those, I think he felt humiliated when that lady burst in and called him on some things.

Of course the show left you asking even more questions, where was his wife? Kinneys that is.

Hope everyone looks at the show it is captivating and all the guys at the stop were locked in on the show, we all were shaking our heads.