1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughts on Midwestern baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, MO?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by semstudent, Nov 19, 2004.

1. semstudent

semstudent New Member

I am currently in the process of visiting and praying about attending Midwestern seminary. I have heard lots of good things about it. I was hoping that some of you could offer more insight about this school.

2. NateT

NateT Member

I can offer only my experience.

I have had a few friends attend there (one right now.) I'm originally from KC, MO and when I was looking at going to seminary, we considered MBTS in part to be close to family again.

I met with Dr. Branch and got tours from the friends that lived there as well as the "official tour."

In the end we decided to come to SBTS. My thought is MBTS has potential, but I didn't feel like it was there.

A few reasons we came to SBTS was I felt that there were more opportunities for classes here. With a small school, the offering is small, and might not have the staff to be able to teach several different classes.

Additionally, we felt with things like the Seminary Wives Institute here, that it was a better place for my wife and kids.

I haven't heard anything bad about the professors or the school. Just seemed like SBTS was a better fit for us.

I will say this though, DO go visit any prospective seminary. I didn't think it would matter very much, but it did provide some of that intagable information.