1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Three-fold nature of Man

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Walter, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

[attack snipped] Hebrew 4:12. I have demonstrated that your interpretation is nothing more than perversion and diversion from what the text literally and explictily states and as far as I am concerned I am not going to respond any more to your senseless blatthering about this text or this subject "If any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

#101 Dr. Walter, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point being, I believe Jesus was saying, if you is one you ain't the other.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh arrogant one, I can both understand and read. Because one disagrees with you in no way means they are ignorant. It is apparent you are here only to teach us and not learn as you have all the answers...so thanks for doing us both a favor. I'm not alone in my understanding of that text, and it in no way proves the trichotomy of man. You (and many others) have read that understanding into the text. Your literal interpretation in regards to soul and spirit and "symbolic" interpretation in regards to joints and marrow takes some real gymnastics to accomplish.

#103 webdog, Jun 1, 2010
  4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

"symbolic" interpretation in regards to joints and marrow???? Who said that? I certainly didn't. I believe they are the LITERAL center of our material structure. They are the framework of the human body. Your right about one thing. I have learned something from you! I have learned that you do not understand this passage at all. not the contents or the context. But look, I don't know you personally and if we ever met without introduction we might even like each other in spite of our sharp disagreements. So I have not closed the door on you as a person just on your understanding and interpretation of this text and this subject.

5. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen Webdog, Seems Walter "the new kid" can teach us a thing or two but can't glean much from us.:smilewinkgrin:

#105 Jedi Knight, Jun 1, 2010
  6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

If you were Dr. Webdog then maybe you wouldn't be so ignorant. :laugh:

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well this has degenerated rapidly. You can call names on your own time.

Closed (page limit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.