Throw your 20 year old child out of your house!

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

2. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I love how protective he is of his wife - and he hit the nail on the head: no discipline all these years.

But he's right. I'd give my kids the security and first month's rent for an apartment and a $50 food grocery card - then change the locks on the house. Period, end of story.

At 20, they'd be lucky I didn't call the cops on them.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

thisnumbersdisconnected
    Expand Collapse

Right on the money, Ann! :thumbsup:

Of course, neither one of us would ever face that situation because our kids wouldn't get that disrespectful at age 20. Mine sure didn't.

4. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I nipped that in the bud by 2 years old. Well, my second child might have been a little older before she fully learned that lesson.

It's funny to see my kids' reaction when they see a child disrespecting their parent. They look at me and say pretty much what Ramsey said on that video. :)

I can't imagine letting my kids get even to 5 being disrespectful!! But at 20? Yeah, have a great life out there on your own, kiddo. You are NOT doing this in MY home.

We had a 16 year old move into our house who came from a rough home and was very troubled. Man, did she learn to tow the line pretty quickly. It's amazing what some love and boundaries can do for you!