1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thug?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by sag38, Jan 25, 2014.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Oh, and CBS is unbiased in its sports coverage (think Bob Costas)? Goof grief!! A thug can be black, white, pink, purple, etc. I have called blacks, whites, etc., thugs. No matter the color of your skin, when you act like a thug, you are a thug and Richard Sherman acts like a thug on the football field. He can't let his talent speak for itself. He has to trash talk, taunt, and act like he is the only reason that the SeaHawks won the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24417234

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

And as I've said [URL="http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=88421&posted=1#post2076128]here[/URL], his attitude comes from his coach, who has also infected the entire city with his acceptance of thuggery as a natural part of the game, from the locker room and practice field to the fan base. As you can see from that thread, my opinion drew some opposition, but I see nothing but bad coming out of Pete Carroll's corrupt method of coaching and promoting his team. Richard Sherman is just one example.

Carroll ruined USC with recruiting violations and didn't have to face one minute of punishment for that. That attitude is what happens when you take it to a pro franchise. Barry Switzer did the same thing to OU and Dallas. Fortunately, his reputation has made him a pariah to sports franchises, universities, and the sports media. But it took years. It will also take years to wipe the memory of Pete Carroll from that school, and from the Seahawks' organization and city. First the organization, the media and the city are going to have recognize him for the thug he is.

#2 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014