1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Thumbs up or thumbs down...and WHY?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, Jun 21, 2014.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To say God desires sin in any manner is against His character.

I didn't bring my kids into this world because I desired that they sin. I brought them into the world desiring a relationship with them KNOWING they would sin. I detest their sin.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is nothing to answer, I believe He is in control in all situations. Your question is the proverbial "when did you stop beating your wife?"

If my son wants to see a movie and I allow him, am I not in control of him seeing a movie by granting my permission, giving him money and telling him what he is not allowed to see...or do I have to physically force him into the car, drive him there, walk him inside, and sit him down to be in control of him seeing a movie? Determinism is ridiculousness.

#42 webdog, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    webdog

So we can agree...there is nothing that takes place outside of God's knowledge or direct control. That is a good thing.

Not quite.... I will say this however...it made Bob Ryan disappear.It did so because we all know the obvious .....nothing exists outside of God the creator and sustainer of all things...who upholds this world by the word of His power.

isn't that a Christian thing? Not a cal /non cal thing? No one can answer the question without damaging our understanding of who God is.
    the only one who tries to do so is Winman who could also explain why water is not wet:laugh:

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot to close it. Just saying.

6. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't claim God "forces" anyone to do anything. So, again, we have another fallacy, and that without dealing with your aforementioned False Dichotomy.

The Archangel