1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Time Gaps in Arminianism and Calvinism

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by koreahog2005, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

koreahog,

I believe your whole post but may take exception to this statement above, unless I miss read you. I would say it this way. 'He has always known all individuals He would create who would do exactly what they wanted under their circumstances.

God's sovereignty is not compromised by His ordaining--created beings to function freely without any prodding of God which would move them further away from His Kingdom. He rather calls sinners to receive His Son by the movement of the Holy Spirit on their lives. The Spirit says come; the church calls, come. God the Spirit and His children are His agents in the world. [John 3:16 & Mark 16:15 & Revelation 22:17a,b] There would be no point in preaching to all 'creatures/humans' if God had no interest in holding Christ rejecters accountable at the Great White Throne Judgment. [Revelation 20:11]

Have you noticed any movement of U.S. troops out of South Korea which will be shipped to Iraq?

Will pray for your witness and ministry there . . .

2. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

Ray, thanks for your prayers. Yes, some US troops have already left South Korea to go to Iraq. You're right; I was not clear in the last sentence of my post. Let me try to restate it. Out of an infinite number of imagined people, God created a finite group of actual people, all of whom would do exactly what would fit into His plan. Freewill decisions do not interfere with His sovereign will. God knew that the humans and angels He created would at times make freewill decisions, but those decisions would fit perfectly into His plan.

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

koreahog2005,

Perfect!!

4. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Amazing! It looks like the good doctor agrees with Korea about counterfactuals, freewill, and potential possibilities in the counsel of God's will.

The very thing I was talking about God doing in passing over potential persons who reject the drawing of Christ in the counsel of God's will before the foundation of the world.

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Don Sailer,

The only thing we have to be careful with is that God did not put any duress or restraint on those who might have received Christ, which in effect would mean that He influenced their decision against the nature and Being of God. Within the Divine counsel of the Godhead He did not tamper with the free agency of the human sinner, otherwise, He would have gone against His own nature and attributes of justice and love toward His created beings. [Mark 16:15] His message of love and justice has been and will be going out to all people. [Romans 8:29; I Timothy 2:6; II Peter 3:9; Revelation 22:f]
    [​IMG]

6. billwald

billwald New Member

I think the time gap between regeneration and conversion can extend to post mortum.

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

billwald,

Sorry, billwald, in don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that God can regenerate a sinner after his physical death?

8. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Paul 33,

I understand Christ's foreknowledge before the foundation of the world. And to my knowledge I have never made comment on Hebrews chapter six. Let me bring you up to date. I do believe in eternal security, so your allegation about the above verses are 'off track' and out in the field.

Regards . . .

9. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Koreahog;
    A man can believe and have not confess Christ yet. I believe there is a process first comes belief in Christ, then conviction. Then comes regret for the sin we've comitted. Repentance and confession. This can take a while. With some the whole process can take just a few minutes. With others as long as it takes.

A man I know explained it like this.
    "The lost can hear the message several times before it begins to sink in it seems. The Holy Spirit may be working on a lost person a long time to bring him to repentance. Sometimes when witnessing you feel like your talking to a blank wall. Then a while down the road the lost one will hear the same message and respond. We should never be discourage because, it's not what we do, but what the Holy Spirit does. We are just the vessel in which the Lord works through.
    May God Bless You;
    Mike [​IMG]