1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Timely Salvations

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Forest, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

You sound like those who Paul spoke about that carried another gospel.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Next time, just go for the jugular....:laugh: :D :) :wavey:

3. Forest

Forest New Member

Romans 10:10 is speaking of a timely deliverance (salvation) and not justification. Our belief leads to a timely salvtion, not to eternal salvation. Yes, we should be telling the lost (not eternally) sheep of the good news that Christ has already covered their sins. The elect that do understand the gospel should get worked up in anguish and sorrow over one of God's sheep who do not have a fellowship with God because of their lack of knowledge. The purpose of the scriptures are to instruct God's elect as to how they should live their lives here in this world. The gospel is not telling anyone how to get saved eternally, but it does tell them that they are already saved eternally, and thats the good news.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, then what is the Gospel telling sinners to do? The Gospel is the power of God to save the believer, the Jew first, and also the Greek(Rom. 1:16). If God's power only saves in a "timely" fashion, then that's a very weak gospel. You can have that gospel, and I'll take God's Gospel, which saves a sinner for eternity.

5. Forest

Forest New Member

Eternal salvation was accomplished by Christ on the cross for all that his Father gave him and he will not lose one of them but raise them all up at the last day, John 6:37-41. I am glad that I worship a God that saved me eternally in spit of my actions and that I don't have to depend upon my feeble actions to get saved.

6. Forest

Forest New Member

If you think that the born again elect child of God is not a sinner, you had better study your bible some more. I have always said that you can never understand God's grace until you undeerstand the depravity of man, even the elect man.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, I am a born again Christian, and I am not a sinner. Sure, I sin, but I am saved. We can't be labelled a CHRISTian and sinner simultaenously.

A sinner is one who loves the feel, smell, taste of sin. A CHRISTian is someone who still sins, but the Spirit sonvicts them thisquick, and they will repent and ask God to forgive them.

8. Forest

Forest New Member

My thoughts exactly, just because we have been born of the Spirit doesn't mean that we do not still have the baggage of our fleshly nature with us, thats why Paul explains the warfare going on inside of us. We still do sin, although it is not counted against us as far as our eternal destination is conceerned. We still are by nature a depravid individual. God engourages us to walk in the Spirit, but we do not always stay in that walk continually. I cannot make the statement that I am not a sinner as you have made, and if you were truthful I think that you would agree that you are still at times a sinner too. God's elect according to the scriptures do some pretty terriable things.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, the bible also states that a fountain can not bring forth both sweet and bitter water. I am a born agin CHRISTian, with a flesh that desires to sin. My soul brings my flesh back under subjection, when it rises up. I am not a sinner, but a blood bought CHRISTian.

10. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Well you see, I would agree with you, except that Rom. 10:10 says "WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVES AND IS JUSTIFIED!" But if it didn't, you know, I might agree with you.

I believe the question remains as to why there would be great sorrow in the heart of paul if he is only concerned about people's lives here on earth. If, as the scriptures say, "life is a vapor"...if as paul says, that our lives on earth are but a "light momentary affliction" that is but the precursor to eternal joy.

11. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Yes, that is your understanding of what I believe...

... but NO, that is not what I beleive. I believe that God grants faith at the point of regeneration, and that faith is exercised to "recieve" (Rom 3) the righteousness and Justification purchased by Christ on the cross.

12. Forest

Forest New Member

sdI am sorry if I missunderstood you. Then you believe that regeneration and faith come at the same time and that faith does not come before regeneration? If thats the way you believe, I will agree. Faith gives us access to the understanding that it was Christ that justified us. Rom 5:2.