1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tithes and the new Covenant

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by fgm, Jul 3, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's really no point in debating this. [​IMG] If someone feels obligated to give 10%, he should do so as not to offend his own conscience. But he should not bind his own conscience on a fellow Christian.

2. JesusisGod2

JesusisGod2 New Member

==================================================

tithing is also mentioned in the book of Hebrews 7
    where the writter was refering to Abraham and Melchizedek.

Also good point John v, those credit cards and spending beyond your means are very dangerous, but that being said God still wants you to pay the bills nad become (as yorself) debt free and that definately means to stop spending on foolishness. And giving 10% is definately not a bad thing.

But heres the question I would ask myself and that is am I giving because I want to, or because I have to? for God loves a cheerful giver and sometimes a person will find when they give more than the 10%, there is great joy and blessings in it, in other words if it is within our means, why stop at 10%?

[ July 09, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: JesusisGod2 ]