1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TN Vols Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I am excited about the regular season opener on Friday (11-9). Coach Pearl has said he could go 10 deep in the rotation. Anything less than an elite eight appearance will be a letdown.

2. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

When they got couple of years ago there was some controversy because the coach then was liked, just not successful The AD took a little heat and came out smelling like a rose. Pearl has done great work since arriving.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If we can replace Bradshaw's leadership on and off the floor, UT can go very deep and be very special.

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I just read a great book about the 2006-2007 season from Dane Bradshaw. The book is Vertical Leap-Inside the Rise of Tennessee Basketball. It's good reading, check it out.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Arkansas - Tennessee SEC Tournament Final may be in the offing next March.

6. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

4-0 Just won 109-40 against Middle Tennessee State. JaJuan Smith had a career high 32 points. Chris Lofton hit four shots from behind the 3 pt line.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

JuJuan had 28 I think in the first half alone. Beats what I saw them do against Prairie View. They shot barely 50% from the FT line.

The new Thompson-Boling arena looks great. The orange seats were replaced with black ones and the arena looks better for it. Haven't been in one of the boxes yet.

8. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

They'll have a good test Friday evening against WVU. I am not a Bob Huggins fan, but it seems the Mountaineers are adjusting to the new coach pretty well.