1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To all my Canadian friends.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bunyon, Dec 13, 2005.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

Pundits in both the US and Canada have been bashing eachothers countries to score cheap political points for years now.

A story.
    A group of American tourists is doing Europe in a week.
    On Sunday they visit st. Peter's basilica in the Vatican. They tell the tourguide that the Crystal Cathedral is much bigger and newer and more beautiful.
    On monday they visit Neeltje Jans. They ensure the tourguide that the Hoover Dam is much bigger and more usefull and no silly environmentalist mucked around with the design.
    On tuesday they visit the Eiffel Tower. They tell the tourguide that the Empire State Building is much taller and newer and it's actually good for something.
    On wednesday they visit Versailles. They ensure the tourguide that the White House is much more tastefull and newer and it's architect didn't forget to put in toilets.
    On thursday they visit the Efteling. They tell the tourguide that Disney World is a lot bigger and newer and less corny.
    On friday they visit the Schwarz Wald. They ensure the tourguide that Yellowstone Park is a lot bigger and wilder and it looks newer.
    On Saturday they visit the Sagrada Familia. For the first time they are actually somewhat impressed, partly because they can make head nor tails of it. So they ask their guide:"what is that?".
    So he answers:"I have no idea it must be new because it wasn't there last week!".

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Mioque and Daisy, neither one of you are among my "Canadain friends" are you? LOL.

Mioque, there is a difference between private citizens bashing us and government officials bashing us.

Mioque, when Americans speak, you sould listen! Just Kidding, I am sure we are very good at being obnoxious, but that is just a made up story you told. I am not smart enought to follow it. What is the Sagrada Familia?

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Bunyon
    Since when do you have actual Canadian friends on this board? [​IMG]

American politicians elected to national office haven't bashed and threatened Canada in the past decade? Yeah right.

That story is a version of an old Dutch joke and is hopefully not based on a sober account of reallife events.
    What can I say, sometimes I'm just like Jezus telling stories that never actually happened to make a point.

Click on that linked posted by Daisy to see what the Sagrada Familia is.

5. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Mioque, Can't I poke my Canadian freinds in the ribs a little, without you comming to their rescue? I have a few I consider my friends.

I looked at the Sagrada familia. Magnificent! Put I could not figure out the punch line of your story. If the joke does not start out with the line, "You might be a redneck if...." I am at a loss. [​IMG]

6. mioque

mioque New Member

That would be boring. :D

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Canadian here. I consider myself to be more pro-American than the average Canadian and agree that using US-Canada tensions from either side to score election points is poor sportsmanship.

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder why Liberals( Paul Martin's party) is still popular even in Ontario even after Gomery report. They are quite immuned against corruption reports.
    In my view Canada is relatively less Christian oriented than USA, even though USA Christian faith is weakened