1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To be consistently "Biblical"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Often, when someone on here disagrees with another's position, they do so saying that it is not Biblical; that's the kinder way of disagreement. Then there are the others who charge people with apostasy and use various vile epithets.

Anyway, I haven't seen one person on here who is consistently "Biblical". I would say that denominations such as the Amish are consistently Biblical. But the fundamentalist Baptists I've seen here are not.

Those of us who support women pastors, for instance, are charged with disbelieving and disobeying scripture, and not being "Biblical". But the ones making the charge are not Biblical, either, because I haven't seen any of them say that they would require women to wear long hair or veils in church. And what about pacifism? Are all of you pacifists as Jesus clearly was and taught? Also, do you refuse to swear an oath, thus following Jesus in this?

These are just a few examples.

If you're going to charge someone with being unbiblical, you'd better make sure you are consistently following all of the directives and teachings of Jesus and the apostles. If not, you have no right to accuse anyone of not being Biblical.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There are softer terms for those who do not deny ESSENTIAL ORTHODOX doctrines. However, that is not the case with you (HP SBM, etc.). You deny ESSENTIAL ORTHODOX doctrines and the term "heresy" is NECESSARILY applicable to your teachings and "heretic" is perfectly applicable to your person and to "rebuke them sharply" is correct for your defiant continuance in your heresies. Such scriptures as Galatians 1:8-9; Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Thes. 3:6,14 are all perfectlly applicable to your type (HP, SBM, etc.)

I hate to inform you of this but our church does not only deny that women can teach and hold positions of authority over men in the congregation and in the home but we teach the head covering and long hair as well as modest apparel.

They are wrong and you are misinterpreting both Jesus and the Scriptures on this point.

Ancient Anabaptists were pacifists because the military was used by the Roman Catholic/Protestant controlled governments to kill and persecute true believers and congregations of Christ since the time of Constantine.

Modern Mennonites and other pacificist conveniently ignore this fact of history and misinterpret Christ and the Scriptures. The God of the Old Testament which led Israel into Battle, and led the man "after God's own heart" into battle is the same God of the New Testament and who again will lead the saints into battle (Rev. 19:12-19).

Government is ordained to administer, to minister the righteous principles of God and the child of God is to submit to them and no better qualified servants of government can there be than those who know righteousness.

We need more Christians as public servants in government to counter the wrong application of government. We need godly policeman to protect the innocent and administer righteousness.

The righteous administration of capital punishment is perfectly in keeping with a holy and righteous God and his people as God is the author of the right administration of capital punishment through human government.

#2 The Biblicist, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There are those on this forum who are irrational and no amount of Biblical evidence will ever turn them unless God does a miracle of grace within them as they simply do not have spiritual eyes to see even the most fundemental truths of the Scriptures. There is a point when you cannot provide any more explicit and clear Biblical evidence than what you have done and it is dismissed, ignored, and they continue in their error as though they never had been confronted with God's Word and godly reproof and correction.

Why do we persevere with such? Well, many of us hope that peradventure God may save them and thus give them eyes to see. However, many of us, while waiting for God to open thier eyes to the truth simply want to keep other readers on this forum who are trying to learn the truth from embracing their error and so we expose it and condemn it as error.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Well, I thought you and I had made progress in the manner of our discourse, but after reading your opening salvo, I have no desire to try to engage you further or respond to you -- except to say this: Who is a heretic depends on who has the floor. When the Arians took charge briefly in the early state church, the Trinitarians were considered heretics.

So, you sitting on your self-righteous pedestal, looking down on me and making your vile charges means nothing. That I know my standing before God is all that matters.

But thanks for making clear to me just what and who I am dealing with. I was just about to send you a PM and thank you for your civil discourse of late. lol

#4 Michael Wrenn, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Look at where your source of authority comes from - tradition! Who cares about tradition? Heresy is determined by God's word not tradition! Error is determined by God's Word not traidition!

The Word of God is what condemns you errors as heresy.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You go Wally......I was going to address this post but then thought of you (much more equipped to address ) ....thank you, thank you, thank you!:thumbs:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Once again..... THANK YOU!

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

If it gives you people a particular delight to call me a heretic, please do so to your heart's content. I will be reporting such posts from now on, as I have been advised to do by a mod here.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It gives no special delight in identifying many of the things you are teaching as heresies. It is just a matter of fact.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Fact, as beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There are essentials to salvation and there are essentials to service. Those who deny them and teach contrary to them are to be identified as false teachers.

History and tradition do not determine orthodoxy. The scriptures do. The scriptures plainly and repeatedly identify certain teachings as non-negotiable or absolutes with no other acceptable alternatives such as:

1. The "must" doctrines and practices "ye MUST be born again"

2. They are the doctrines of numerical limitations - "one" baptism, God, Lord, etc.

3. They are those things the Bible absolutely forbids

4. They are those doctrines are necessary inferences which cannot be denied without denying explicit teachings

5. They are those doctrines and practices essential to identify and distinguish the true God, true salvation and true service from false gods, false salvation and false service.

6. They are those things which there is no other acceptable alternative "repent OR perish; "heaven OR hell" etc.

7. There are also unique game changing doctrines and practices that are necessary to distinguish New Testament Christianity from other world religions and predicted apostate forms of Christianity.

8. There are also preservers or essentials that must be embraced to perserve the above essentials. Like the inspiration and final authority of the Scriptures. The age long Great Commission in perpetuating N.T. faith and practice.

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it is a matter of interpretation.

13. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thank you.

It's nice to know that not everyone here sees me as a cancer to be cut out of the body of Christ, or as an apostate to be kept out.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just sit here in my couch, reading some who when they open their mouths, they speak Scripture and sound doctrine; and other(s) who when (they) open their mouth, speak of nothing but (them)selves. I hear; I listen; I decide.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

However, your beliefs came from possibly one man or one woman who claimed they knew the truth, and then started a denomination.

I follow no denomination. I check on everything someone tries to teach me, to see if it were so. A big problem with denominations is that they do not continue to grow in the Lord when scripture proves them wrong.

16. mandym

mandym New Member

Show me one single post where someone has called you a heretic. Just one

17. mandym

mandym New Member

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Oh, my God. There are too many to keep track of. I'm telling the truth. Just do a search. I'm not going to, but it's there in black and white to see.

I've been called a heretic multiple times, a God-hater, apostate, a cult inventor, charged with making up my own god, being a cancer in the body of Christ, and more. Your good buddy Icon is responsible for these, and others are guilty, too.

At the request of a mod, I have reported multiple posts since a few days ago where this has happened, instead of letting my anger get the better of me and stooping to their level.

19. mandym

mandym New Member

There is a huge difference between having a heretical view and being a heretic.

20. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

You certainly are a piece of work, aren't you. Those first two posts you referenced: These are NOT a personal attack on anyone; I am stating my view of a DOCTRINE. And you know that.

The third post, I stated and believe that there are people on here who are hateful and post out of hatred for others on here. It is evident in their posts. I did not personally attack anyone or single out anyone. I could if I wanted to, but I will not.