1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To consider as Bible Study

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Feb 9, 2013.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted the following on another forum but would like your opinions as to being accurate according to the word of God. Thanks

Would you agree that until Jesus the Christ died, no man, There is none righteous, no, not one: could be justified. That to be justified by faith, is to be justified by the blood of the Christ, Rom 5:9

Or as Paul puts it in other scriptures and the KJV translators actually got this correct, Justified by his blood has the exact same meaning as, justified by the faith of Christ. see Gal 2:16

Did this apply to Abraham? John 1026,27 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Did Abraham hear the voice of God call him out of Ur of the Chaldeans and follow God because God was calling his sheep? Abraham was made a promise that in his Seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed. That Seed singular is the faith by which Abraham was declared righteous. The Seed of Abraham is the faith of Abraham and is the faith of all called, believers, sheep.

Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Those who are of faith, of the seed of Abraham: the called: Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The sheep, are not necessarily of the natural seed of Abraham as Jesus tried to show the Jews of his day on earth, those of the tribe of Judah, when he told them the story concerning the rich man and the beggar, Lazarus. The rich man was Judah who had five brothers of the same mother. The beggar, Lazarus was Eliezer the servant of Abraham to whom Abraham wanted to make his heir for he Abraham had no children. That is when the seed of promise came to light. Yes Abraham would have a child Isaac through whom the seed of promise and inheritance would come. Those who would inherit the kingdom of God would have to be of the faith of Abraham. Of the Christ. Would Lazarus inherit the kingdom of God? He was carried by the angles into the bosom of the Abraham. Eliezer was of the faith of Abraham. He was a sheep. called by God, a believer. His name means, "helper of God."

What bearing would that have on the understanding of; For by grace are ye saved through the faith: And on Calvinism and Arminianism?