1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To go or not to go

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by God'sMusicGirl07, Jun 11, 2005.

1. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

I didn't go to prom-- I made other plans. Our wonderfully moral (yea, right) student council decided to hold it at a hotel. Reason given to teachers: to have more room. Reason given to students: to make it easier to check into a room. Frankly, the whole idea didn't appeal AT ALL to me as a Christian- go to prom with a guy who I wouldn't even care about a year from now, wearing a way too expensive dress, to listen to music that I wouldn't listen to anyway, and dance in such a way that it would be 'teasing' (as I've heard it called) the poor guy.

2. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I went to my proms and I had a lot of fun. You should pray about it and do what you feel God would want you to do. But do not only look at the negatives involved in it all.

3. Grace

Grace New Member

I didn't go..but that was because I didn't have a date, and I wasn't going alone. Instead, I sat at home, had popcorn, and watched movies with my mom and sister. There are times when I wish I could have gone, but that's mainly in the spring when all the girls are so excited about prom coming up, and they ask me how it was and I'm like 'Uh...I didn't go." But I did go to our "Plowboy Dance" with the guy who was my best friend in High shcool (we're still great friends, just not 'best' friends) and we had a great time.