1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To Heaven And Back

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Sep 11, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read a book about a doctor that died and went to heaven and came back with all these glorious stories about meeting Jesus being shown around in heaven and all the things he saw and coming back. The Lord sent him back with a message to write a book about his experience. I'm skeptical and ask about these out of body experiences... I know John on the Island of Patmos went to heaven and wrote about it... Revelation tells us about his trip and what he saw... Paul said he was caught up into the third heaven and heard unspeakable things that it is not lawful for a man to udder... On the flip side in our time in a book called Heaven Is For Real is a little boy who also went to heaven and returned... Then my sister told me about a preacher John Piper who also went to heaven and returned... He wrote a book called 90 minutes in heaven... To digress to the O/T we also know that Enoch was caught up into heaven and Elijah was also caught up to heaven in a chariot of fire... I said I am skeptical but not in regards to John and Paul who both went to heaven and returned or to Enoch and Elijah who were caught up to heaven in a chariot of fire and didn't. A preacher told me one time about a member of his congregation who also went to heaven and returned... All he said on his return that Heaven was beautiful and this world was ugly... Do I believe Heaven Is For Real?... You better believe it and one day I'm hoping by Gods Eternal Saving Grace to be there, just like you... But I'm still skeptical about those in our time who have gone and returned... Brother Glen

#1 tyndale1946, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The 90 Minutes in Heaven is Don Piper - not to be confused with John Piper who is a great man of God who has spoken on the subject.

http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/how-real-is-the-book-heaven-is-for-real

Honestly, these heaven tourism books are a bunch of malarky (which is funny since the last name of one of the heaven visitors is Malarky). Here is a list of reviews of each of these books by Tim Challies who I think hits the nail on the head.

http://www.challies.com/recommendations/heaven-tourism