1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." - Lk. 1:17

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Biblicist, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You totally miss the intent and meaning of Hebrews 12.... I will show why when I get to a keyboard....this auto correct is killing me

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dr. Roy O Beaman the past professor at Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary in Memphis could easily work in over 40 different languages and was considered the greatest living Southern Baptist Scholar by his Southern Baptist fellow phd's and thd's. We were friends until his passing. He was working to provide a more updated version of A.T. Robertons' Word Pictures. Greek scholars with phd's sat at his feet like little children. He believed as I do on these passages. Dr. Rosco Brong was considered by independent Baptists as the greatest scholar among them, he also was my friend till his passing. He believed as I do. Dr. Roy Mason, trained at Southern Seminary in Louiville under Dr. A.T. Roberston and his star student Hersey Davis believed as I do and was a personal friend of mine until his passing and I could go on and on.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The point is you could not respond to the technical evidence. I gave the overall contexual development from hebrews 10:18 till the text proving the context was about service instead of salvation. Your response? Not a word, except repeating assertions that I just proved were wrong. My advice is stay away from the keyboard.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am waiting for my paperwork at a Walgreens warehouse in Jupiter Florida..
    I am trying to answer with fat fingers on a small phone keyboard....auto correct is changing every other word..... so when I scroll down....I see you make another accusation or pose another question....I type very slow, so by the time I type this and edit autocorrections...you have posted 5 more responses . ....if I do not answer quick enough or am driving you announce to the whole Internet world that Icon is ignoring your posts....lol...that's what happened . ....
    Others can jump in and comment....but other than Jerome I do not know whow likes your ideas.....no one that can post on it.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

LOL, I can sympathize with you as I hate using my i-phone keyboard. However, the point is not that you are failing to respond to me. The point is that your responses are simply superficial and inadequate responses. I provide technical details while you provide personal opinions and assertions.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The view would not exist if someone did not hold it....padeobaptists no matter how godly still have come to wrong conclusions on some areas....but I do not throw them in the garbage.
    Your view does not bother me as I hold to a local church view despite your denials.
    In fact...I like how you attempt a defense of your view and find your posting more helpful then not......that is why I read them.
    If you offer teaching and links...I look....

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will try and step it up as I can.....when I offer an opinion it is one that I have been working on over time . my responses might seem superficial to you , however that might be because your understanding is superficial not because of intellectual deficiency, but rather an unwillingness to entertain other thoughts....
    Like if you are watching the world series and the batter watches a 3-2 fastball go right down the middle because he was looking for the curve ball, of splitter instead . ....everyone watching says....how could he let that go by.

You let many things go by.

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Well, I will take that as a compliment - thank you. However, I don't trash paedobaptists, I don't deny their salvation IF it is not based upon paedobaptism. I deny salvation is the only prerequisite for church membership or church consittution and I have the full solid support of every precept and example in the New Testament behind me as you cant find paedobaptist Christians or congregations in the New Testament, NOR can they be justified by either NT. precept or example BUT they are in direct opposition to both biblical precept and example. Hence, where there is no scriptural baptism there can be true christians but no true NT. congegation of Christ.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It is not intentional on my part. However, some things I don't see as crucial to the argument and so I choose to deal with what I see as crucial. If you think I overlooked a crucial argument then please point it out and I will do my best to respond.