1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To My Fellow believers here Of DoG PLEASE stop calling Calvinism the Gospel!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 3, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

And you think that your rudeness and animosity helps?

John

2. seekingthetruth

And one more thing, if you would concentrate on winning over the lost instead of us regular christians, then you might actually help the Kingdom.

I am already saved, leave me alone.

John

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

As soon as you quit posting 20 new topics a day. Deal JesusFan/DaChaser?

4. seekingthetruth

Now that grasshopper, we can agree on!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

John

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN....Chill out JF. What you are doing has gotten old & tired. Yes, continue posting on Edifying topics but you seem to make a topic from anything that pops into your head.....slow down brother....remember, quality & not quantity.

Regards

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

thank God that you are saved...

just requesting that you take a step back and try to see just why at times calvinism just might be right in regards to how we ALL got saved by garce of God!

7. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

This is a point worthy of consideration. Why would God NOT want some people to see the truth?

We know that he hid the truth from the Jews temporarily in order to accomplish redemption for the world on the cross, but why do you suppose God is still keeping truth from most of humanity, and even some of his own children?

I look forward to this answer... :praying:

8. Skandelon

Predestination as defined by Calvinists, yes. Biblical predestination, no. God predetermined that whosoever believes, whether of Abrahams seed or not, will be adopted as his sons and conformed to the image of Christ. That is the biblical doctrine of predestination and the one I love and embrace because it gives me assurance that I, a non-Jewish believer, will be adopted and conformed because God predestined it to be so.

While leaving a great many more without hope. You can't leave that part out. It may offend but it is true.

Its great news for a preselected few, but terrible news for the mass of humanity. My view of predestination is great new for whosoever believes, your view of predestination is great news only for those individuals blessed enough to be picked.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh no, not that tired & worn out wringing of hands......please spare me the nonscense & tell it to someone gullible enough to get incensed by your bizarre sense of justice. Again you HAVE TO apply your humanistic thinking process in here dont you. I will tell you what I told Webdog because cutting & pasting is the marvel of computer science. :smilewinkgrin:

By contrast, Doctrines of Grace theology insists that salvation is by grace from beginning to end. Salvation is a gift, in every sense of the word---God's gift for undeserving sinners who cannot be redeemed apart from God's saving grace. The gift is given to those to whom God chooses to give it

Now by your theological construct, millions of people who cant possibly save themselves (because of their sin nature) do go to hell. I myself was one of those & the fella I just got off the phone with was another.......I guess so was Paul. By your beliefs, we would be destined to hell........ but here is the thing chief, WE ARE SAVED by grace. Again, you'd have us in hell. as you say & through the advances of Computer I can even quote you almighty MOD...." You can't leave that part out. It may offend but it is true.[B]:D[/B]

#29 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW...... "GIANTS" ..... :smilewinkgrin:

11. Skandelon

:rolleyes:

With all due respect but any doctrine made up by men and not from God is "humanistic" thus to assume your doctrine is correct and ours is false is just 'begging the question.' It is a circular immature debate fallacy and the lowest form of conversation. I freely choose not to engage with it...
    We do to! :thumbs:

Us too :thumbs:
    Wow, three for three :thumbs: I'm glad we are agreeing so much.

I have no idea what you meant by that last part so I'll just leave it there and say, "Have a great night!"

12. Skandelon

That along with God's predetermined, unchanging will to grant us whatever grace is needed to understand the 'truths' of Calvinism. :rolleyes:

Maybe Luke things his rudeness is irresistible? :smilewinkgrin:

13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When we see that God has a plan and eternal purpose that is being unfolded in time ,and we know that the God we serve is only Holy ,Just,and good, I do not spend so much time questioning who he wants to save or who he will leave in their sin.
    in other words we see verses like this;
    The people are under the judgement of God for idolatry....God informs us that he sends judgements on them ...and yet they did not return to Him.
    He is sovereign in His judgements...sending or witholding rain,etc.[ God is sovereign also with who receives His word...speaking of the rain;
    he knows why exactly and to what extent is the righteous judgement.
    He reveals this to us ...as Deut29:29 says...then it is for us to know.

The same with God's electing grace. Why does he not elect everyone?
    He has not purposed to in His holy and wise purpose. That is a revealed truth.

He never has purposed for everyone to be saved.If all men in and of themselves desired to be saved by God on His terms...he would save all such persons.
    Scripture indicates that man does not desire God because his mind and will has become alienated from the life of God.
    I believe the revealed truth on this.

We know this because it is a revealed truth!

The wickedness of man is great....God is long suffering to-usward...not willing that any perish....but all of His children come to repentance.
    He does everything well and exactly on time. Why does he let us go on in sin some times for many years...before saving us? because it is necessary.

Why does he allow jim elliot to be killed by the alka Indians in the rainforest?

Not a revealed truth, other than sometimes he calls us to be faithful unto death.

We are told to go into all the world...his word will not return void Isa55
    Sometimes we bring salvation...sometimes condemnation....we are called to be faithful. the results belong to God.

#33 Iconoclast, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

God individual elects unto etrnal life thom whom he has favor upon...

based upon His will alone...

Again, how can God use his foreknowledge to elect us into His paln to have the saved in the Body of Christ, Church, Since He knows also that since we dead in our sins and by very nature enemies to God and His way to save us, God could not save us as you see it, NONE would ever be incorprated into the Church!