1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To My fellow Dispies: have you ever heard "partial rapture" theory?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

My Answer is...

Brother, I will have to study out the passage you quote from 2 Peter and see how and where it falls in comparison and in context with the other end-time scriptures but my short answer to what you assert and claim to be "nonsense" is simply Revelation chapter 20. The events listed there are the final events in the history of this present physical world that we now reside in. After that, all things will be burned up and re-Created new. However, I do look forward to being able to dwell on this earth while my Saviour rules and reigns in this present world for 1000 years as the Word of God declares. It will be a glorious precursor to a sinless eternity beyond any of the constraints of time and space. By the way...His "second" coming...when He sets foot ON this earth won't happen after 1007 years. It will happen 7 years after His coming "in the air" for His Bride.FYI. Now Brother...I know you don't believe that....but I promise you....YOU WILL ONE DAY....and maybe very soon!(I hope)

Bro.Greg:thumbsup:

#21 Gregory Perry Sr., Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe you should let others express their opinion. If you have a response based on Scripture or fact, it is one thing. Otherwise, as the Bible says, your posts are clanging symbols.

3. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Revelation is apocalyptic language & must be interpreted as such. Much of the language in Revelation that has been interpreted as literal is also found in the Old Testament, but I've never hear a dispensationalist claim it to be literal in the OT. How does Christ's straight forward teaching that the lost will be taken out first fit into your pre-trib rapture, where the church is secretly taken out first? Do you believe there are multiple raptures? For dispensationalism to be true, there must be.