1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To rebut rumors, Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

See Ken?

This is a prime example of what I was concerned about. No class or respect.

AJ

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So why post it in the politics forum? Why not the news forum or the prayer forum? Or why not just not post it instead of furthering a very private story? If you don't think it's relevant, why post it?

There are a great many of us who think you post irrelevant things all the time. But I must admit it is a little unnerving for you to agree that you post irrelevant things.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I find this post to be immature, insulting, and devoid of any Christian virtue.

As a youth minister, and having dealt with this situation with many families, I would say: shame on you. May you never go through this...but if you do, may you be extended more grace by others than you are willing to show yourself.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow - I have to say, that really is pretty low.

They could have just killed the child and not had to deal with this.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. This can happen to any family.

Am I allowed to call this one a 'cheap shot."

#25 NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

,said the guy who posted this on the "politics" section of the board:laugh:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You did post it in the politics section, did you not? What did you expect?

I'm just glad it's not Obama or Biden's child. The baby would probably be murdered.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ken, with all due respect my friend, I have to question your motives. You post something in the politics forum and then blithely ask "how long" it would take for this to turn political. Either you knew it would eventually do so and thus passive-aggressively did this, or you did it to start with from the onset. I suppose there's a mild chance you posted here because she's a politician, but at the same time, it was bound to become political fodder. The fact that the internet bloggers are positing that the Palins' most recent child was actually that of the daughter shows the kind of garbage that we now deal with as American politics as opposed to substantive discussions of issues. Now the left wing hacks get to attack Palin yet again for something absolutely a-political, and the right will get a chance to bring up abortion against Obama/Biden.

If you truly did not want this turned into a circus, you would not have posted it here for the hacks to jump on as they already have. This is not political news. For this to be bandied about as a political story when people on the Gulf Coast are fighting for their lives is appaling.

While some sports figures' personal lives get hashed out in the sports section, it's rare and never done in a debating matter. Ken is right that there is no such thing as private stuff when you're a politician, but I hope he'd agree with me that this is absolutely symptomatic of the problem with politics and not a legitimate plank. Too many people want the Paris Hilton part of politics and not the substance.

To the hacks who are using this to attack the Palin family, let me suggest that you go to the conscience isle at WalMart and do some shopping

Back to Ken for just a moment. Hope you are well and will not receive any of the blows from Gustav.

#28 TomVols, Sep 1, 2008
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We started getting the winds about an hour ago(got a pretty good gust or two so far) but the rain is still about an hour or two away. I just came inside from sitting on the swing on the patio with my wife where I was reading in Foreign Affairs and watching the dogs enjoy the breeze.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The one thing that's consistent about you Ken: you're an avid Foreign Affairs devotee. I love it :thumbs:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo! Give that man a cigar. :thumbs:

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Please don't resort to feigned offense. Much worse has been said about Obama, and if Palin were on the Democratic ticket I feel you would look at things differently.

Also, there are numerous unwed girls who find themselves in this position. There is nothing saying that she will not be a good mother. But, when one runs for VP of the United States nothing like this will be overlooked by either side. It's politics and it's news.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

According to Obama, the child is a mistake and a punishment to the 17 year old. How any evangelical believer in Jesus Christ can support such a notion is beyond me :tear:

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

So you're not the least bit pleased or satisfied that this turned political? I'll take you at your word.

You can't say you didn't think it wasn't going to because you admitted as much. That's my disappointment. Let one of the hacks bring it up. Or keep your fingers crossed and hope they don't. We might have been surprised.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You feel"? What does that have to do with this? You apparently have no clue who I support for this election.

The nature of this problem has nothing to do with your attack on Palin and her daughter at this time. KenH was able to post this without resorting to this. Your post was a mistake. Own up to it and move on.

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No, it isn't. It's not politics at all. This does not affect domestic or foreign policy one whit. And it's not news either. It happens every day. Why can't private family matters be private family matters? Chelsea Clinton's life (before she subjected herself to the fray) was private and should've stayed such, and I admire the Clintons for keeping it that way. I criticized the right for making her an issue. The Bush family tried to do the same with their daughters but the left hacks wouldn't hear of it and I criticized them for doing so. Now, we have the attacks on McCain's past family life and Palin's child. Is there no shame, honestly? I don't know when Access Hollywood and US Weekly became the paradigm for political discourse in this country, but the precise time it happened was one of the worst events in American history.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Nothing, except it might impact some of the evangelical voters. I think sex outside of marriage was on one of those pages. Right around murder etc...

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So would his presidential bid. He can't hardly breath with all the buzzards circling around him....

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What part of this is incorrect...

Having a baby outside of marriage is a mistake. You agree...

Children who have babies outside of marriage and at a young age are impacted greatly. They now have a life t care for and feed when they should be in college and trying to establish a career...

I am a believer in Jesus Christ and can buy this...

20. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

KenH did not start this RevM did

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=52537

Three times to show you that this story which morphed into this was already in the works and posted by a McCain supporter.

So get off KenH's back

Politically speaking this does relate to Sarah Palins judgment , did she let this rumor fester like she is letting other questions fester (abuse of power, anti-Israel with Pat Buchanan, I was for the bridge before I was against it, AIP affiliation, Feminist Christian, deficits in running city government,creationist, lack of judgment in giving birth waiting 10 hours and flying in highly pressurized cabin after her water broke,"what does a VP do anyway?"

and speaking of Obama people on this board have savaged Obama when some of those posts could have gone straight to the prayer room, so a lot of what is being said against KenH is soaked with hypocrisy.

latest lie
    "According to Obama, the child is a mistake and a punishment to the 17 year old. How any evangelical believer in Jesus Christ can support such a notion is beyond me "

Obama never said that but I am sure the person will get away with it, so those who are crying like babies because there VP pick just may turn out to be an extreme one influenced by Karl Rove and the Dobson crowd .

When she is on a stage like this she is a public person, she knows the consequences. She finally answered this one based on a Photo that showed her daughter with a baby bump and her not looking so pregnant, and don't tell me the Sean Hannitys of the world would not have inflamed this if it had not been on the other foot. Someone look it up did the John Edwards affair make it to the political board or did it go straight to the Prayer board?? thought so and he had dropped out and not in the running for anything, go figure.

[​IMG] this is the picture that started the firestorm I would say it is 50/50 that she is pregnant does look like a baby bump which is fine, I do not condemn her ther probelm was her mothers judgement in allowing this to go hog wild from all boards conservative(free republic) to liberal(Kos) then along with the bizarre story of Sarah Palins birth with her water breaking and her refusing an immeadiate doctor or hospital visit but instead take a 10 hr flight in a pressurized cabin with a stop over in Seatle is unwise imo.

Perhaps Karl Rove wanted this to become inflamed to blame someone but of course you have to find his fingerprinst first.

IN MY OPINION on the Political Board

#40 YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Sep 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.