1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured To the Calvinists here: what part of Non cal theology Bothers you the Most?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I cannot fathom that you didn't realize he was misquoting Nietzche intentionally. Your rage has skewed your vision.

#321 HeirofSalvation, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

He hasn't blasphemed.....because he doesn't BELIEVE the statement that you call "Blasphemy"....He made the absurd statement you guys are calling "blasphemy" because it exposes what is....or what he maintains is, the absurd and illogical Conclusion that Calvinist belief requires....it's called a Reductio ad absurdum.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
    This common debate argument is what a lot of you Calvies are repeatedly confusing with "straw-men".

It's what he considers to be the good and logical consequences to Calvinist premises. Good grief folks. I think some people are in such a rush to find anything and everything they can to attack Ach with, that they make these ridiculous rushes to judgement.

Some people have gone into a state wherein they would see (or at least falsely allege) something evil in Dr. J....no matter what he said or did.
    I think about 80% of those jumping down his throat and piling on are making sheer pretenses at piety...
    ( I do not mean you Herald).....I just quoted your post at random.

The reason, folks, no non-calvie has "called him on his 'blasphemy' "......
    Is that we realize that this charge of "blasphemy" is at best
    1.) mistaken
    at worst:
    2.) dishonest.

He didn't "blaspheme".......frankly, it's rather ignorant to think that he did.

J.....you need to realize that you are speaking mostly to Americans. Most Americans have absolutely NO critical thinking skills. They aren't being taught them. Most of them don't know a fig about informal logic fallacies, they just caught onto the "Straw-man" word, because IMO they think it sounds cool. :cool: I think they just like the word.

#322 HeirofSalvation, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  3. Herald

Herald New Member

He LIED. He passed off the work of others as his own. This has nothing to do with whatever "ism" you hold to. Not only did he lie, but he is doubling and tripling down on his lie. He is incalcitrant. Blasphemy occurs in humor when the person of God is held in low regard. He is guilty of that too. That you are defending him says as much about you as it does of the dear faux Dr.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HeirofSalvation

HOS....I know you are trying to offer a defense here...but

Many here do not hold what we do....but have some idea what we hold.He seems to want this attention, but he is being disruptive intentionally and has revealed fatal misunderstanding about who God is.

He has an agenda that has been exposed.

( I do not mean you Herald).....I just quoted your post at random.

Hos...what is your definition of blasphemy?,,only curse words?It takes in much ground....

5. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

6. Herald

Herald New Member

7. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Playing martyr? O.K. you are just being nasty. You respond to me merely by insulting me? Herald, I'm not complaining, nor am I hurt, bothered or insulted by you. I am merely pointing out what you are doing..........and that is being unnecessarily insulting and nasty.

I am not taking offence to it, Herald. I do not think you capable of offending me.

#327 HeirofSalvation, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.