1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To what extent is the Bible infallible and inerrant?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Plain Old Bill, Nov 29, 2004.

1. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

But how do we know about Jesus and what he said? Only through the Bible. That is how we get the revelation of Christ.

When you say Jesus is the lens that clarifies scripture, on what are you basing this? Your own personal feelings or experiences? And how does Jesus do this for you? You said earlier that God telling Saul to kill all the Amalekites was inconsistent with what you knew of Jesus. But how do you know that without using the Bible?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am basing my statements about Jesus upon what the scripture says about Jesus. I fully recognise that all we know about Jesus that is reliable is from the scriptures. He is not only the climax of the scriptures, he is the focus of the scriptures, and he is the fullfillment of the scriptures. As He says, " You search the scriptures, for in them you think you find life, but the scriptures bear witness of me." Again I point out to you the recurring theme of Matthew 5. Jesus says over and over, "You have heard it said but I SAY..."

Let me ask you a serious question. Is the Bible the Word of God, or is Jesus the Word of God? Another question. Did God reveal Himself by writing a book or by incarnating Himself in Jesus, and as a result, the book was written?

Please try to answer that for me, and I will be grateful.

Dave

2. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

To Matt Black:

I wish you lived in Columbia, SC. You and I could start a church that would change the world. God bless you friend.

Dave

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful, David. Next thing you know you'll be saying "the criterion by which the Bible is to be interpreted is Jesus Christ."

4. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

Can't count the number of times I have tried to make that point on this board. The 1963 Baptist Faith and Message is still the right one. And I will stick by it for the rest of my life. No vote, on any floor of any Convention will change that great truth my friend. Thank you very much.

5. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

Wow. I should have been following this thread. It is past 20 pages. Is it going to stay open?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are right rjprince. This topic ought to be continued in another thread. Feel free to open another one.