1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Today I am thankful for......

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Steven2006, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Sometime this board seems so consumed with arguing, politics and news. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could post something we are thankful for. It could be something in general, or something that happened today. Really anything you want.

I'll go first. First I am thankful for my salvation. I am thankful for God's patience and long suffering. I am thankful for my wonderful wife and children. I am thankful for our health. I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with my son today and the special fun we had together, it was a blessing. I am thankful that even though I have been sick this past week, I am starting to feel better.

:godisgood:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Great idea!

I'm grateful to Jesus Christ for dying for me and saving my poor wretched soul.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and children.

I'm so thankful for a wonderful church family who I not only work with but live with, love with and laugh and cry with. I did all of that just today!

I'm thankful for our income, no matter how small it seems and how fast it goes out. I'm thankful for my home - while it's not perfect, it's warm, secure and comfortable.

I'm thankful for my friends in real life who put up with me and even those friends I've made online.

I'm forever grateful to God for the ministry He has given me and the ministry that is yet in store for me. It's been a great ride and I'm looking forward to whatever future God blesses me with. :)

I'm also grateful for the stupid horse I am blessed to ride. He's not mine but he's mine in my heart. I thank God for the opportunity to ride him for nothing more than strong arms to help.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My father is very handicapped without his hearing aids. He had to send them back to the VA in Shreveport several days ago for repair. He's been miserable. My mother has been calling and calling to make sure that they got them, but no one returns her calls.

Yesterday, I drove to their house to check on them. They had come in yesterday's mail and were completely repaired. MUCH earlier than we expected.

Thank You Jesus! :jesus:

4. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I like this thread! :)

I'm thankful for a country where we can worship God without fear.

I'm thankful for the Bible Study I'm in right now, and the wonderful ladies who are a part of it, and for their friendship and prayer support.

I'm thankful for my wonderful family, and that they live nearby so that I can see them often, and be a part of their lives.

I have so many things to be thankful for--and I am thankful for that!

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What a wonderful idea! Steven2006

I have so many things to thank the Lord for!

Salvation from sin,fellowship with the Lord, answered prayer,good health and
    many more blessings.:godisgood:

6. billreber

billreber New Member

I wrote this last month -- it fits well here!

Christmas Thanks

Christ Jesus, the reason
    We celebrate the day;

Happiness and sadness
    Which helps us grow His way;

Relatives in our town,
    As well as friends we love;

Icicles glittering
    When weather turns to cold;

Strangers who become friends
    On a moment’s notice;

Trees with lights shining bright
    Like heavenly angels;

Mothers, fathers, sisters,
    Brothers, kin of all kinds;

Animals at our homes,
    Both wild deer and tame pets;

Singing sounds by children
    Who make the day joyful;

Toys of all kinds for boys
    And girls of ev’ry age;

Hams and yams and turkeys--
    Anything’s good to eat;

Attics and closets full
    Of gifts for those we love;

Numerous Christmas cards
    Hanging on the front door;

Kisses and hugs from all
    Who want to do that stuff;

Salvation from our sins
    By His death on the cross!

©2009 William L. Reber

7. billreber

billreber New Member

I thought I needed to add another comment after worship this morning.

A young man (age five!) walked down the aisle BY HIMSELF to tell the pastor and the church "I asked Jesus into my heart this morning". Jeremiah H. is among the newest members of our Christian family!!!!!

That is what our church is thankful for!

Bill :godisgood:

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

The last few months our family has recently hit with many extra financial obligations that has been quite a strain. Well this morning I had a business meeting and ended up receiving a few thousand more than I had expected due to a couple of out of the ordinary occurrences. I know that this extra help is an answer to much prayer and I am thankful that once again the Lord has provided for us and our needs.

I am thankful that I can always find comfort from God even in times that normally should be stressful. God is able.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Today I'm thankful for Amazon and the great authors who wrote the books I just got. Oh and I'll add in the mailman who delivered them!!

Now to pick which one to read first. Hmmmm.....

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I am so thankful that God has watched over my nephew and he has returned home safely from Haiti this morning. He went there to help. He has a real love and burden for the Haitian people, he has gone there a number of times on mission trips these past few years.