1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Todd Bentley: God told him to leg drop the pastor, kick old lady in face... watch

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 19, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

2. CarpentersApprentice

Oral Roberts and Benny Hinn are getting kind of old.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weird! Someone's going to have this guy arrested for assault, or sue the fire out of him!

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

It is just crazy, I mean..... he says that after he kicked that old lady in the face she fell back from the spirit, I think it was because of him kicking her... Also, when he said that God told him: Let Drop the Pastor :laugh: , after he did it the pastor was out in the spirit.... wow.. this is just crazy. I pray that I am not wrong in saying all of this... Its just frustration.. Sorry.. :tonofbricks:

5. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Nothing to apologize about - I can tell you are working through it :)

6. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

you want to get some good teaching on the work of the Spirit and our relationship to the works?

take a look/listen

7. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Is this Todd Bentley guy nuts, or what? :confused:

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This guy is garnering a HUGE following amongst the church today with his "crusades" in Florida. Do a wikipedia search on him, and you will see he is definately an anti-christ.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This gives idiocy a bad name.

Ed

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How much better if the blind sheep following Bently would "study the scriptures daily to SEE IF those things ARE SO" Acts 17:11.

But there comes a time when they will no longer tolerate sound doctrine as Paul predicted.

in Christ,

Bob

11. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I feel so upset, and I dont like to feel this way.... Its just that I dislike it when people try to mock God, at the same time, I feel like I am judging him and stuff.... Because God can do all things... but God is a God of order and I dont think God would tell him to do a WWF move like a leg drop, kick in the face ext....

I am sure Todd probably believes all of this is real, the weird part is his testimony. He testifies that he saw a huge wall of fire and it was like a ship, he was transported into that ship and the Angels placed him on a table, and started operating in him and opened his chest up and he didnt feel anything. When he woke up he was back in the Church, since that point in time he started being visited by an Angel called Emma..

Doesnt this sound exactly like what most people who have UFO experiences say?? I am telling you.. it sounds exactly the same, we have to pray for Todd so that God can reveal to him, his truths..
    I feel so bad though, I dont like feeling upset at someone or something.. but it just bothers me

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

The sad things is there are people who beleive God tells him to kick people in the head.

13. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Yeah.. they were clapping and praising God when he was testifying. I saw one where he tapped his knee twice and rushed this guy and kneed him. :laugh:

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

What is it with some christians who will approve of people like this? All a person has to do apparently is say 'God' and use the name of Jesus and christians will follow them anywhere.

15. queenbee

queenbee Member

I share your concerns TOrl. I've watched TB's witness now on several occasions here on a local Christian TV ministry. I remember thinking there's just something not right about his evangelizing methods. Our goal should be to glorify God and present the gospel - but in a way that's dignified and respectful to both the individual and God. I can't believe that a loving God has to resort to physical violence against the lost lamb in order to have them return to the fold. What kind of a message is that?? Is the lamb returning under duress or because of real conviction? No, there's something just not right and our 'gut' instincts are telling us so.

I am reminded of Christ's invitation to us - Matt 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given to you. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened to you". This is not an order, nor a threat and certainly not Jesus kicking in the door planting a facer on some poor unsuspecting schmuck.

I am also grateful for this word of encouragement - James 1:5 "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him". I don't have the wisdom nor the answers to deal with this, but I CAN be watchful and more importantly keep myself in close step with my Father so that I am not led astray by false prophets, TB or otherwise.

16. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

After seeing this, it makes me think, that many who go to church wants to be entertained more than hearing the Gospel.

Back in the late 70's I believe it was, 20/20 did a show on healing Pentecostal evangelist. One of the preachers said that a $10,000 night was a bad night. Many have made a lot of money by giving folks a good show. Loud music, funny stories, different dress and little or no Gospel will draw a larger amount of folks. People always want change, something new.

I guess with so many hunting for that special feeling or wanting to be on cloud 59, being kicked in the face would do it for them.

17. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I've seen this very thing in comedy clubs. It's an act. And God is not behind this.

love,

Sopranette

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's a nutcase. The police should watch him because he might go on a kill spree and say God told him to do it.

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Actually, he has no evangelizing methods. I have watched several of those clips at Lakeland and have yet to hear any gospel preached. I have yet to hear him call his listeners to repentance and faith. Whatever it is, it is not evangelism.

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How about "professional wrestling"? :rolleyes:

Ed