1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Todd Bridges - aka Willis Jackson

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ben W, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am wondering if anyone in here can help me with this query?

I have been told that Todd Bridges who played Willis Jackson on the TV show "Differenet Strokes" has been Born Again and is travelling around preaching Christianity to young people. The chap that told me this thought that he was with a Baptist church.

Wikepedia noted his born again experience and his preaching ministry, but no further details were given. I am hoping that someone in here may know of his ministry as I would be interested to hear him preach having grown up watching Different Strokes and reading about some of the stuff that happened to him later with a drug dealer.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

he's a preacher now?

[​IMG]

whachoo talkin' about, willis?

:tongue3:

5. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

I think they know that - they want to know what the Preacher is talkin about :smilewinkgrin:

What is he talking about anyways, anyone read his website?

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

:eek: Sometimes those things just fly right over my head.

I can not find a websight that is just his only a general JITA websight that lists his name as an affiliate.

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

This confuses me,

This church is "Oneness Pentecostal"

Yet "Trinity" broadcasting have him on sharing his testimony?

Is Trinity open to non Trinitarian groups using their station?

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Is Trinity open to non Trinitarian groups using their station?

You mean like T. D. Jakes? :)

9. shannonL

shannonL New Member

What chu talkin bout Ben W. ?

TBN is not going to let a little thing like Trinity versus "no Trinity" keep them from raking in the money ole TDJ brings into the TBN coffers.

Here is some irony for ya. " Trinity Broadcast Network" . Ole Paul Crouch doesnt' mind using the word Trinity for the name of his network but taking a stand for the doctrine would compromise unity within the Body? Yeah, it would cause a drop in giving to his empire.

10. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have a Christian radio station here in Adelaide, yet if a group wishes to advertise on it they are vetted fairly carefully first and it is usual for them to have to sign a copy of the Nicean Creed which they have to state that they are in complete agreement with it. Why dont Trinity at least do this?

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I'm not sure if there's anything in the Nicene Creed that must be interpreted as explicitly Trinitarian, though I think it would be rather amusing to see a Oneness Pentecostal attempt to twist it into affirming modalism.

12. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Bah....

Catholics think they're christians too... But they AIN'T! :eek:

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Jakes doesn't believe in the Trinity? Didn't know that. My wife has that Thou Art Loosed CD or something like that...

14. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Jakes' background is Oneness Pentecostal. Here is the doctrinal statement of his church, and here is a response he wrote for Christianity Today a few years ago to soft-peddle claims that he is a modalist.

Jakes affirms that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have "distinct and separate functions." But conspicuous by its absence is the traditional Trinitarian formula of "one God in three persons."

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is on the first link you gave

"We believe in one God who is eternal in His existence, Triune in His manifestation, being both Father, Son and Holy Ghost AND that He is Sovereign and Absolute in His authority."

"I was raised Baptist and became Pentecostal 26 years ago at a Greater Emmanuel Apostolic Church, where I was later ordained a Bishop. I resigned from that denomination 11 years ago, and have continued to fellowship with Higher Ground Always Abounding Assemblies. This small fellowship of churches is not a denomination, and differs in many ways from traditional Apostolic churches."

#16 LeBuick, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2006
  16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

TBN seems to have no problem having oneness pentecostals on the air, nor having a heretic like Benny Hinn who claims that "God is not a Trinity, but there are actually nine of them":eek:

Bro Tony

17. Bro. Talmadge

Bro. Talmadge New Member

RE: Todd Bridges-aka Willis Jackson

Is TBN and it's "CEO" still being investigated by IRS and FBI? The powers to be at TBN will let a talking horse on if it will bring in money.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think it's hard to critisize one who put their money where their mouth is. I don't believe a Christian station should surrender to the world just to keep the bills paid but I do know they are not getting support from the "true" Christian community they set out to serve.

It looks too me that if it were not for the other content they broadcast there would not be a Christian station at all.

19. Bro. Talmadge

Bro. Talmadge New Member

RE: Todd Bridges-aka Willis Jackson

I have to use sat. television where I live out here in the country. I agree, there are not many religious tv stations on the air, but with sat tv I get 5 other regular other than TBN and on Sundays all my locals have Christian shows on. I don't have to watch TBN and don't unless they have some good gospel singing on.