1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tonight I called out Donald Trump ...................

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, May 25, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tonight I called out Donald Trump. While the rest of us were horrified by the 2008 financial crisis, Donald Trump was drooling over the idea of a housing meltdown – because he figured he’d make more money from the misery of millions. Now that he’s sewn up the Republican nomination, he’s out there kissing the fannies of poor, misunderstood bankers, promising to dismantle the rules we put in place after that crisis to rein in Wall Street greed. And while nurses, teachers, and dockworkers pay their fair share to support our military personnel who show courage and sacrifice for us every single day, Trump says he’s more than happy to dodge taxes. Donald Trump has made it perfectly clear that he cares about exactly one person – Donald Trump. And that kind of man can NEVER be the President of the United States.

Elizabeth Warren

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a real estate developer it is understandable that Trump would be salivating at a housing crash.
    I get a sense of schadenfreude whenever the stock market has a correction because that's when I buy more shares. I hate to defend Trump but I can see why he would have had this particular attitude toward the housing crash.

Finally,

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."
    --Rahm Emanuel, Democrat (former Obama Chief of Staff)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this the same Elizabeth Warren who made money by buying foreclosed homes and flipping them?

Lol...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the only kind of president we've ever had, troy.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Crabtown, it was Democrat paragon Barney Frank who wrote the rules and caused the crash.

• Agree Agree x 1