1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Tony Campolo Comes Out of Closet in Support of ‘Full Acceptance’ of Homosexuality in

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I agree if the focus becomes lust or coveting or anything else that God's word speaks against.

I know some may disagree, but I would have a problem telling someone that just being attracted to someone of the same sex is sinful.

It's as you said, the focusing on it. Because once we start to focus on things, our sinful minds will often run in the wrong direction and sin.

But that applies for heterosexual and homosexual attraction.

#21 Zaac, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactamundo! :D I know that I have fought looking at other men and now just kind of automatically don't register if there is a well built guy around. It's just something I've worked at and know that I need to do.

Now if there were some fantastic horse nearby…...

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is your example applicable to women in general or just married ones?
    Would it be sinful for a single gal to "begin to focus on him or seek to see him again to take a look at him or anything like that"?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is their purpose in looking?

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same as your example. Is it just because one is married that it's wrong?

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It would then be wrong as well. I have taught my girls to look beyond the outside and instead to look at the inner person. Of course you can't do that with Joe Blow on the street so if Joe is a gorgeous specimen of maleness, just look away and keep on going. :) For all you know, he could be a womanizer and a slob! LOL

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO THREAD on human sexuality is allowed.

We all CONDEMN the vile compromise of the liberal Tony Campolo. But will NOT use this thread to discuss sodomy or such filth.

THREAD CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.