1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tools for reaching the lost

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, May 3, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Another thread go this going through my mind.

Some of the things I have done to help open the door to speak to others about Christ that have worked have included the following:

Taking my bible with me, and quietly reading it during class or on a public bus. People would ask me why I was reading it, or if I really believed it, or other questions, and then I could explain to them what Christ means to me, and why I believe in His word.

On Father's Day - wearing lapel ribbons, and when people asked why, explaining they were to remind me to say thank you to the greatest Father of them all.

Doing random acts of kindness in God's name. For instance - don't just leave a larger tip for the woman who is tired that is waiting on you. Leave a larger tip and a note that says, "Christ loves you, I hope your day gets better." Mow an elderly person's lawn, and instead of taking money for it, tell them, "I did it because Christ teaches us to love people. Pass the love along. Do something for someone else."

At the bottom of your email, in your signature line, add a simple acknowledgment of God. "In God I trust."

Change your screen savers to "Give your troubles to God, He is going to be up all night anyway." Or to a scripture.

What ideas do you have for opening that door to discussion?

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is not always easy, so sometimes the best way is to simply hand out a tract and start a conversation over it and hope that they hear you out.

What can be a great witness is to get a stall at a local market, and on the table have free tracts and Bibles, people come to browse your stall and some may well want a chat!

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Ben,

That is a great idea.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TOOLS for REACHING the lost?
    How about ropes, traps, poles, bloodhounds, and motion detectors?

5. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Hosea 11:1 (KJV) When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
    2 As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
    3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.
    4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.

[​IMG]

6. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

When God draws his people near unto himself, it is not done in a mechanical way. They are drawn, not with cords of iron, but with the cords of a man; the idea being of something feeling, human, tender, touching; not as if God laid an iron arm upon his people to drag them to himself, whether they wished to come or not. - Philpot