1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top 10 reasons to follow Christ

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a site where several delight in their Atheistic hatred of religion, I noticed they had posted a Top 10 list of reasons not to believe in God (Or in other words sarcasm about Christian faith). Upon doing a Google search for a quick contrasting reply I see there is nothing really out there other than more Atheistic rhetoric. I looked under Top 10 reasons: for worship (found one), I believe, I have faith, am a Christian.. but nothing on the positive side. I thought for sure I would find something under, “follow Christ” ...but again nothing. Sure found a lot of negativity though! Any reasons why we are should be so complacent to let all these lists go unanswered? Should we? Do you have a list?

#1 Benjamin, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  2. AAA

AAA New Member

I do not have a list, because the gosple should not lower itself down to the talk show levels...Instead, I think that if you would like a list: think about the benifits of following Jesus Christ and being saved by GRACE...

#2 AAA, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, it's hard to just pick 10.

Well if you're going to do a "Top 10" list, there has to be some humor as well as some truth.

I'll start at 10.

The number 10 reason for following Christ:

10. Gives me something to do on Sunday mornings rather than watching cartoons or politics.

9. It would explain my incoherent babbling (1 Cor. 14).

8. Christmas

7. Because he said we should. (John 8:12).

6. To forgo judgement

5. He lightens the load (Matt 11:28-30).

4. He's my friend (John 15: 12-17).

3. Because he pleads for me before the Father (1 Jn 2: 1,2)

2. Because he made it all (John 1:3)

...and the number one reason to believe in Christ:

1. Heaven with him.

Rob

4. Rex77

Rex77 Member

I'm Lazy multiply this reason x10

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
    Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.