1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top Democrat Presidential Candidates Won't Promise Iraq Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 27, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not surprised. The Democrats are as gutless in standing up to the Republicans on foreign adventurism as the Republicans are gutless in standing up to the Democrats on reducing domestic spending.

Dems can't make guarantee on Iraq troops
    By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer
    Wed Sep 26, 9:46 PM ET

The three leading Democratic presidential hopefuls conceded Wednesday night they could not guarantee that all U.S. combat troops would be gone from Iraq by 2013, the end of the next president's first term in office.

"I think it's hard to project four years from now," said Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in the opening moments of a campaign debate in the nation's first primary state.

"It is very difficult to know what we're going to be inheriting," added Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.

"I cannot make that commitment," said former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina.

- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070927/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_debate_15