1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Top Obama Aide Just Admitted Obama Really Could Be Impeached

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Following a pair of polls showing that a significant number of Americans support Barack Obama’s impeachment and removal from office, a high-ranking White House source expressed concern that such an effort will pick up steam. In a statement to reporters Friday, senior Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer explained that he no longer looks at impeachment as a GOP pipe dream.

“I saw a poll today that had a huge portion of the Republican Party base saying they supported impeaching the president,” he asserted.

While Pfeiffer acknowledged that many in D.C. would “laugh that off,” he took a much more realistic view of the fledgling effort among GOP leaders.

“I would not discount that possibility,” he said.

He went on to explain that House Speaker John Boehner’s plan to sue Obama for his excessive use of executive power will likely keep the issue at the forefront of many Americans’ minds.

“Speaker Boehner,” Pfeiffer said, “by going down the path of this lawsuit, has opened the door to Republicans possibly considering impeachment at some point in the future.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/re...use-worried-impeachement/#1sCx6TcsYVz818Pu.99

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And as goes the folks in the church and their anger goes the anger of a nation. Sad.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Who's angry, this news is tickling to the ears...:smilewinkgrin:

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ???

Politics ain't the church, so why are you expecting politicians to act like Christians?

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats are hoping that the GOP will impeach because they want to run against the racists impeachers in November.

The GOP would be suicidal to impeach 0bam@. The best thing that can happen is that things collapse under the weight of Democrat lies and the people turn to the GOP for help.

The GOP does not have to do anything but wait. It is the Democrats who are in trouble for their refusal to impeach 0bam@ or rein him in.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You misunderstand. The wicked behavior from the church influences the wicked behavior outside the church.

The growing anger over all things Barack Obama and politic coming out of the church is spreading like poison outside the church and the enemy is elated that so many in the church are now helping his cause.

The question that should be asked is why are Christians acting like lost politicians?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine too....now we are talking. Lets make it happen! BO is a creep!

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

Impeachment rarely results in a conviction. In the 225 years of U.S. Constitution history, only Presidents Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton have been impeached. Nixon was also, but he had already designed when the House ratified the Articles of Impeachment, so the vote and indictment was moot.

One cabinet officer, one U.S. Senator, and one Associate Justice of the Supreme Court were impeached, but none was convicted. Fourteen judges of lesser federal courts were impeached, but only seven were convicted.

Although impeachment and trial is not supposed to be partisan, it always is. Johnson was impeached with Republican majorities in both houses. He was a Democrat Lincoln had chosen as his running mate, despite Lincoln being a Republican. He ascended to the presidency with Lincoln's assassination. Prior to Senate trial, he took several actions that alleviated the anger at him and escaped conviction by one vote. Clinton also faced a Republican majority in both houses, but moderate to liberal Republicans respected poll numbers rather than facts and joined Democrats in voting not to convict.

Finally, Obama has a card to play that neither Johnson nor Clinton had: The Race Card. I'll get vilified for saying it, but the Washington establishment is not going to convict, and may not even impeach, the first black president.

That's why we're stuck with Obama until at least January 20, 2017. Hopefully, no longer than that. But with his "pen and phone" dictatorship in full bloom, who knows?

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I believe you are absolutely correct as was CMG. It would be just stupid to impeach him. The GOP already just about stands no chance in 2016. Let him finish out his term and keep swatting his hand or create a political martyr out of him.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

That comment ought to be in the "Clean Humor" section.

Don't go around touting polls more than two years from the election, Zaac. It is becoming increasingly clear the closer we get to November the electorate is fed up with both Obama and Congress. Big changes are in the offing, and not the kind Obama "hoped" for. :laugh:

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, why don't you just come out and say angry white racists? They are as numerous as zombies.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And you are living proof of the blindness in the church. In 2016, the politically wicked will get more of what they deserve rather than what they want as the result of the continued unGodliness and anger being idolized in the place of God and His love.

So lace up your shoes and get ready because as this board demonstrates daily, some of y'all are mad enough and angry enough that you'll continue to WICKEDLY act and the hands of God will continue to be against your"wants" just as He was against the wickedness of Israel and the Jewish people.

And just as with the Jews, God's forbearance, in dealing with a church that more and more tries to justify its wickedness, will reach its end.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You seem to have a problem with angry white racists. Address them if you believe they are an issue. I'm addressing Christians.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

Isn't it interesting that, when you think I agree with you, everything is peaches and cream between us?
    But let me post something that angers you, I'm "blind." Tell me, Zaac, what does that say about you?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Hillary is going to win as punishment?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The church of Jesus Christ supported a man who summarily rejects Jesus Christ. And the same folks in that same church have continued to bring infamy to the name of Christ as they bow down to their politics.

Yall thought Hillary was gonna be the punishment the last time. After the last 5 1/2 years, folks are now wishing Hillary had won.

The punishment for the continued UNREPENTANT disobedience out of the church will be the same as it was for Israel.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which has no bearing or relevancy to what could happen to Obama.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true. If anything, it's matching the world, using worldly tactics and becoming like the world under the guise of "attracting the lost."

I'll use "Purpose-driven Church" as my example: Using management lessons that can be found in any freshman-level organizational behavior textbook puts emphasis on running a church like a business, and misses the point that a church is oh-so-much more than a business. Yet we now have pulpit committees that are deciding on their next pastor based on his ability to increase congregation numbers ("revenues").

The church has been poisoned, Zaac; it's not the one doing the poisoning.

And what, exactly, would you have us do? What should we do about the sitting president? What should we do about the next president?

Instead of condemning us all the time, Zaac, how about being constructive?

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'd have the church to start acting like the church. I'd expect the church to be on its face in repentance and fighting the ills of this world in the spirit instead of being constantly led to respond in the flesh. God has ALREADY told you what to do about the President or anyone else whom HE has placed in authority over us.

But folks are so angry about politics that it's not being done. Oh yeah, people can give lipservice and SAY that they are praying. But you don't say the things that have been said and act the way that folks on this board act if you're sincerely praying for someone.

The behavior is an affront to God. So you want to know what to do about a sitting President? Honor him and respect him. Pray for him the way that God's word says to instead of bellyaching and badmouthing and name calling the man. It's disgusting and is not a display of Jesus Christ.

2 Chr. 7:14

If God's people want an answer to the President and Congress and all the wickedness taking place, then GOD'S People need to humble themselves and stop adding to the wickedness with their own unrepentant wickedness just because they are ruled more now by politics as their answer than they are by the One they say they trust in.

Now why haven't you ever said the same things to the ones CONSTANTLY throwing rocks because of politics?

I can readily admit that the church has been poisoned. And that poison drank by the folks in the church is greatly influencing a lost world. If we don't love, don't expect anyone else to. If we don't act any differently than they do, why would they see a need for what we say we have?

I'm supposed to judge the behavior of those in the church. God hasn't called us to judge the behavior of those outside the church.

So when I see folks stop acting the fool over POLITICS and start exemplifying something of the love of Christ, then I'll exhort. But as it stands, a good rebuke is what is needed.

#19 Zaac, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yall need to stop feeding trolls.