1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Should Not Be Ordained

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by jaigner, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nazaroo

Nazaroo New Member

So "ordain" isn't in the Bible is it?
    Is it like the trinity then?

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Dr Walter...

Oh great. Now he is flaunting his knowlege of fancy dancy theological terms. :tonofbricks:

Dr Walter, I have no idea what (((hermeneutics))) is.

The only "Hermann " I know is the pastor of my church. :godisgood:

Dr Walter, this is not called a "hermeneutic" board, its called a discussion board, I have done just fine..for several years now.. discussing on this discussion board, without consulting "brother Hermann".

I have no problem whatesoever getting my point across without using hermeneutics, or any other fancy dancy theological "what-ever-they-are's".

I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine with my postings on here.

What I have posted on here lately, mostly "copy and paste" reflects what I believe is the truth regarding this issue.

I believe that you and others are in great error, but I hope that sometime soon you guys will come to see the truth of the scriptures, regarding this very important issue...in due time.

God bless.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I see your post as tantamount to ridiculing God's Word. It is shameful, and does not honor God. You mock hermeneutics (the science of properly interpreting God's Holy Word), thus giving everyone here the impression that you have no regard for the Scriptures at all. Your ideas are more important than what the Bible says--is what you wrote in your post.

Before you answer a post think about what your saying. If you are ignorant about theological or Biblical terms then look them up in a dictionary or humbly as what they mean. This arrogant post is totally uncalled for.

4. Alive in Christ

Annsni...

Tell me about it~! Whew...I'll be glad when its healed.

I know you do. :wavey:

Thats true to an extent, but its important to note that nobody is putting down the scriptures, or changing them or denigrating them or dismissing them in any way.

We believe that we are high-lighting truth that has been there all the time, but due to erroneous traditions, and doctrines if men superceeding the truth of the scriptures and thus perpetuated great error.

The problem, though is that some of those bounderies just might be illegimate. We may have been reading them wrong, for a long long time.

Example: Both Pricilla and Junius were teachers of men...teaching men doctrine.

God bless

5. Alive in Christ

Good for them! (those Celtic christians)

Makes me even more proud to be of Celtic descent

6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The term "ordained" in reference to church offices is found in the New Testament several times

Mr 3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

Ac 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Ac 14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

The ordination of men through the churches is clearly seen in Acts 6; 13:1-4 and there are qualifications given to prequalify those who would desire office and claim that calling (1 Tim. 3:1-13; Tit. 1).

God calls a man to the ministry but He does it through his churches (Acts 6:1-6; 13:1-4; 14:23;) as it is the responsibility of the churches to examine those who claim to be called by God to see if they meet God's qualifications. Those who do meet those qualifications are recommended to the elders for the laying on of hands:

Acts 6: 3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
    4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
    5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
    6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.