1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tozer- Calvinism tends to be more stable than Arminianism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Unique situation though with Jesus here...
    He came to earth and took on a Human nature to go along with His Divine One...

He chose to "limit" use of His Divine attributes, in order to experience temptations as a man, and did NOT ever Sin, and did thast by relying upon the Father and HS, as we all have to do...

the Father STILL knew the date and time of jesus return, so God still knew it...

Think Jesus also knows it now, as God gave Him back Full gloy at Ascension, granting Him "name above all other names" that being "Lord/Yahweh!"

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Did the Father (who IS God) know the time of His return? yep......

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

You have said nothing... Christ noted to all that His Father KNEW the time.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and above we see the error when we try to subdivide the Trinity or pretend to understand the hypostatic union.

5. JesusFan

What was related by myself and others to you concerning Jesus "not knowing" is biblical...

Since God IS Triune being, IF One knows, that is sufficient!

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

No, we have no error. I gave plenty of passage about God knowing everything. The father knows the, therefore God knows the time. Just because we may not fully understand the Trinity, doesn't allow us to ignore clear biblical truth. The trinity is 3 persons in one God. It is clear that Jesus was fully God(son of God) and fully man(son of man). We know there are things about Jesus that was human(he died, he was thirsty, he was in one place at a time, he didn't know the return time) and things that was God(He could do miracles...). Not understanding something isn't a proof to allow us to ignore clear biblical teaching. God knows everything. The Bible teaches this. And as I stated, the Father knows the time, so therefore God knows everything. Nobody has of yet shown anything that God doesn't know. Nobody has of yet shown any verse where it says that God doesn't know something. I have plenty of times shown where God knows everything.

7. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

IMO, the real crux of this debate is not even whether or not God knows everything. I personally believe He does. It is about if knowledge, whether pre or post, is determinative. I don't believe foreknowledge is any more determinative over what is known than after-knowledge.

If it is, then why even call it "foreknowledge?" Call it "predetermination."

8. JesusFan

God though has BOTH of them going on

uses both to :Know"
    Some events He does predeternine directly by being their cause
    Others He allows/permits

Both still under "God knowing"

9. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I agree. For example, he says he has predetermined for believers to be conformed to the image of Christ, yet some people interpret that to mean God has predetermined who will believe and who won't.

I believe if we just look at the what the scriptures actually says IS predestined it would be much less confusing than attempting to argue that God just predestines everything, as some appear to do.

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tozer was correct. Thread is too long and past cut-off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.