1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trace your family tree - FREE!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The Internet makes it easy to locate information about family histories. So it’s no surprise that genealogy sites abound.

The USGenWeb Project is a cornucopia for professional and amateur genealogists alike. It’s a great place to start when you’re looking for FREE information.

The USGenWeb Project provides a directory of sites containing genealogical records. Just click on a state. From there, you can narrow your search by county, if you desire.

You can search census information, marriage licenses and birth records. What’s available varies by state. Some states even have databases containing pictures of graves! I was impressed with the breadth of information. You will be, too.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THIS SITE

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Going there right now...

I tried several months back to do extensive research on my family background. Lots of "dead"ends. Hopefully this will help me some more!

Thanks! [​IMG]

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did some research and found out my great great...great father is Adam.!

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

I found some of my lost relatives and decided to lose them again.

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turns out the family tree had some horse thieves hanging from it ... Not to mention all the nuts.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

IAB, thanks for the reminder of this great resource. [​IMG]

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't trees supposed to have branches? We have a family stick on one side. Looks like the family wasn't much on dating outside the family.

I'm descended from Roger Williams - the Rhode Island guy not the piano player. You remember him? Started the First Baptist Church in America.
    [​IMG]
    First Baptist Church in America link
    Roger was the only preacher in the line until 1992. Maybe we can step up the pace a bit.

8. delly

delly New Member

Sue, I have been a genealogist for 20 years and have researched many trees and many site. USGenWeb is one of my favorite places to research. They provide a link to every state so it's easy to do research in any state where our ancestors may have lived. USGenWeb is the best place to start when one decides to be a genealogist.
    Warning: Genealogy is very addictive. Once you start, you can never stop until the Lord calls you home. You will lie awake at night trying to connect individuals and families or wondering which way to go when you hit that "brick wall". LOL

delly

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Oh, delly, I've been there! [​IMG]

I have traced mine back to 1840, when they came to America, but not having much luck with the rest.

Actually, I haven't had time to try this site yet, but I'm going to...

I have talked to many with my name and we know there's a connection, we just haven't found it yet. :confused: