1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tract for Passion

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Brother Adam, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Armando

Armando New Member

Brother Adam, can you include me as well in your next mail.

Thanks

Armando

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

The Chicago Sun-Times movie critic duo of Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper gave "The Passion" "two thumbs up" on their television show, "Ebert & Roeper and the Movies."

Gibson said he wanted "to create a lasting work of art and engender serious thought among audiences of diverse faith backgrounds (or none) who have varying familiarity with this story."
    "Mel Gibson is a masterful storyteller, and this is the work of his lifetime," Roeper said.

The movie, which will open on more than 2,500 screens, is expected to do well at the box office in its opening days, thanks to church bookings and heavy viewer interest.

Already, merchandise associated with the film is on shelves and moving swiftly. A companion book to the film was at No. 20 on Amazon.com's list as of Tuesday afternoon, and movie tie-ins range from replica crucifixion nails to Sunday morning sermons.

3. Tractster

Tractster New Member

Bro. Adam,

Congratulations on a great idea!

I look forward to receiving your tract.

Roscoe

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

After a great deal of prayer on my part, I have decided no longer to distribute the tract. The movie itself does the job that a tract would try to accomplish, much better than my tract could ever accomplish. The viewer who is not a Christian, or is a misguided one, is left with a decision at the end of the movie: Do I follow Christ, who became the very Lamb of God and gave his life for me? Or do I follow the evil one, who in the film is depicted with a dark attration, who faces at the end of the film complete and utter defeat.

The movie asks the question "Where is your relatiosnhip with Christ?" just fine.

5. Forever settled in heaven

> When the inquisition begins on your humble poster tonight, for rebelling against the Church of Gibsonism, please remember that all I'm advocating is biblical accuracy, reverence for Jesus and the reluctance to crucify Him afresh, exposing Him to open shame9(Hebrews 6:6).

amen, bro. n i'm seeing people arising fr the most unexpected quarters when Christian leaders who oughta have known n done better have chosen to keep their silence.

> Thank God for those who counteract the garbage with good Gospel tracts. Bless you for doing this! I am with you 100% Brother Adam, and everyone, even if you like this film, when you at least try to clarify the truth for people.

have u received/read Adam's "good Gospel tract"?

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I'd be more than happy to post the text of the tract, and if you'd like it the three and half pages of scripture references (only the references, not the actual scriptural text) if you'd like.

I had the honor this weekend to lead an anti-Catholic to understand that Catholics can be faithful to their church and be a Christian at the same time despite any minor errors. And we spent the whole time in the Bible too.

7. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

This is the text of the tract, please remember there is obviously no formatting, that there would be on the printed tract. Please also remember that this tract was written to Christians, not non-Christians [​IMG]

I ain't got nothin' to hide ;)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LOCAL CATHOLIC CHURCH!

If you have seen the “Passion of the Christ”, you may know that Mel Gibson, the producer, is Catholic.

This pamphlet has been issued to Protestants and other non-Catholics in order to explain what is going on in your local Catholic Church. As a Baptist and a Christian, I think it is imperative for you to know this.

It has long been explained that Catholics do not trust in Christ, but in their own works for their salvation, and thus a faithful Catholic usually is not a Christian.

First I want to share with you a creed Catholics use and how that speaks to how they truly merit salvation:

The Apostles Creed

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell: The third day he rose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead: I believe in the Holy Ghost: I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints: The forgiveness of sins: The resurrection of the body: And the life everlasting. Amen.

As Christians, our founding hope is that we believe and accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and that it is through faith alone in Christ that one can be saved. For Catholics, the initial process of salvation also cannot come through any merits or any works whatsoever. It must solely be through faith.

[picture of St. Francis]

After salvation Catholics believe it is Christian responsibility to go into the world and evangelize, especially through good works. These merited works are solely through the power of God and by no means are the individuals own doing. Catholics do not “tally” their good deeds. It is merely living life in the Spirit.Catholics trust in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

After being initially saved Catholics work through the power of God to conform their lives to the life of Christ and in doing so lay a firm foundation in faith and fruits, to run the race and eventually receive the inheritance of eternal life- what they refer to as “final salvation”.

Through the sacraments Catholics meet with God in an ancient and intimate way. God gives grace, or unmerited favor, through the sacraments:

· Baptism: In baptism one enters into God’s family.
    · Reconciliation: The process of confession and repentance in which one is forgiven and strengthened.
    · Confirmation: The process in which one is prepared to go into the world and share the gospel message
    · Eucharist: The intimate meeting with Christ where one partakes of Christ’s body and blood.
    · Marriage: The union of two souls.· Holy Orders: The laying of hands to ordain a person into the priesthood.· Anointing of the Sick: Wherein a priest prays for the health of the body and soul and anoints one with oil.

Again: Catholics are your Christian Brethren.

They do not worship Mary, but declare her blessed, and blessed the fruit of her womb. She is not the Catholics redeemer, but like Paul, her suffering has been united to Christ’s on the cross, and for the Catholic, that counts for something.As you ask for prayer to God from your family and friends, Catholics also ask the living Saints in heaven (the communion of the Saints) for prayer. As you pledge allegiance to the flag, Catholics may honor those who have lived great lives of faith before them, otherwise known as venerating them.

There is so much more to know, but now you know for future reference: Catholics are Christians, and are part of a 2000 year old faith that can sometimes be hard to understand.

Questions?
    Log on to: [edited to remove website link]
    or
    write to [email protected]

Flyfree Ministries
    PMB 157 3148 Plainfield NE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505

“Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ” ~ St. Jerome ~

©2004 Phatmass.com & FlyFree Ministries