1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tracts

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Benjamin, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know!, I always hear about these “tracts” and it seems a bit odd to bring this up to you guys but to be honest I have never seen one other than from the JW bunch. I imagine that they might go into the Roman road or something, is that basically what they consist of? I was wondering if anyone had some to share that I might look at.

2. GospelExplained.com

GospelExplained.com New Member

3. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tract for Japanese

Here is an English translation of a tract I wrote for the Japanese.

THE JAPANESE AND HEAVEN’S PEOPLE
    By John R. Himes

The average Japanese is very kind and polite. So, as a foreigner I enjoy living in Japan. In one way, kind, polite Japanese are similar to the people of heaven. In heaven there is no unkindness nor rudeness. That’s because there is absolutely no sin there, nor sadness nor pain.

However, some Japanese will go to Hell when they die. As a friend of Japan, I say from my heart: don’t go to Hell! Hell to a Japanese is a very terrible place.

According to the Bible, Jesus Christ said, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.” (Mark 9:47‑48)

However, the loneliness of hell is, to the Japanese who live in a group society, especially horrible. The reasons are, in Hell you are:

SEPARATED FROM FAMILY FOREVER

In hell, “family” and “ancestors” do not exist. You cannot talk or play with your family, or “comfort” your ancestors. But, if your ancestor has died without believing in Christ, and gone to Hell, What is he hoping now? According to Jesus, one who went to Hell said this: “Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.” (Luke 16:27‑28)

Your ancestor does not want you to go to Hell!

SEPARATED FROM THE COMPANY FOREVER

In hell, there are no office workers or secretaries or part-time workers. The people of Hell are all alone. You can never work hard together on the job, or go together to a restaurant afterds in hell. In the same way, in Hell there are no human relations or fellowship or receptions or sports. In hell there are no juniors or seniors. All are, in the same way, no more than sinners before God.

SEPARATED FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD FOREVER

In Hell there are no Neighborhood Associations. Since it is the place sinners go, God Himself rules. “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28)

SEPARATED FROM THE MOTHER-COUNTRY FOREVER

As a foreigner, I truly respect Japan. However, after death the only countries are Heaven and Hell. By all means, I hope you too will go to Heaven. So, how can you flee Hell and go to Heaven?

CHRIST’S SACRIFICE

Jesus Christ died for your sins in your place on the Cross so that you would not have to go to Hell, and He rose again the third day. In that way, before God, Jesus took your punishment for your sins in your place. That risen Christ is waiting in Heaven for your prayer.

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

What should you do? (1) Admit your sins before God. (2) Admit that you do not have power to save yourself. (3) In order to go to Heaven, tr5ust in no one but Christ. (4) Pray from your heart (not outwardly) in this way: “Lord Jesus Christ, I am a bad sinner. Please take away my sins, and cleanse my sinful heart. To go to Heaven, I am trusting only in You.”

How about it? Did you pray that way? Very well, what should you do now? (1) Quit idolatry. (2) Read the Bible and pray every day. If you don’t have a Bible, the church will give you one. (3) Confess to some one the forgiveness of sins that comes from Jesus Christ. (4) Communicate with the church. The pastor will gladly lead you further.

5. IronWill

IronWill New Member

There's very few tracts I'd recommend from that site though, most of them aren't worth the paper they're printed on...unless you're going to read them for entertainment purposes.

That said, This Was Your Life is a good one.

6. mima

mima New Member

An effect track;

I am most anxious to recommend a Track called, "God's simple plan of salvation". I have seen this plan work in China and Mexico as well is right here in America. You can find this track in many different languages print them off with your printer from the following web site. [email protected] I want to encourage anyone looking for a track that really works to look into this free available track.

7. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

With All Due respect, Horsehockey!

here are my Chick favorites!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0004/0004_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0003/0003_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0086/0086_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0081/0081_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0293/0293_01.asp

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0050/0050_01.asp

People just don't get it...THE GOSPEL IS OFFENSIVE! :Fish: :mad:

http://saltlight.home.comcast.net/jesus.html

Bunch of nancy boy, love gospel preachin' liberal knuckle-heads....

-WTD

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

9. IronWill

IronWill New Member

My, my. Such language...and on a Christian forum. Quite a bit of Chick's material is rubbish, based on lies and pseudo-history. Yes, the Gospel is *offensive* but it ought not be presented in an offensive manner.

10. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Whatever, thanks, by the way, for the pud post on my guestbook. I wonder if sbcglobal DSL knows your doing such things?

11. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Huh? What are you talking about? I don't use sbcglobal dsl. Don't talk of that which you don't know. And what is a pud post? Care to take back your slander?

#11 IronWill, Jun 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2006
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot of good and interesting tracts, thanks.

That’s what I was thinking is that there is lots of different situations that a certain tract might be suited for.

For example, John of Japan’s tract is geared for the Japanese talking about ancestry, idols, an appreciation of that culture, and showing an understanding of the politeness.

I’ve blown a lot of opportunities in the past because of not having the right words at the right time. Although I have many of these witnessing verses memorized it often seems I’m not prepared enough with the right ones; I’m sure like anything else it takes practice to get better at.

A couple years ago I was reacquainted with a group of construction workers I hadn’t seen for several years after bumping into one who asked me if I would straighten out some botched up work from some of the subs. I was talking about Christ with one of them having a lot of problems, Todd, which I knew well from before as I trained him when he was 17 and he went on to win the state Golden Gloves boxing championship.

Well, after the job was done they all asked me to go out partying at the bars, now I know most people here would walk away from the oncoming rhetoric, and maybe I should of, but as they used a lot of foul language knocking my Christian values I had a flashback answering them in much the same manner with an explicit description of what Satan was going to do to them. Could/should have handled that better.

Later, Todd called me to help him finish a remodel, his Dad had recently died from a drug OD, and he was a mess, hating the world, and obviously on drugs himself which he wouldn’t even admit until I sternly confronted him. I spent the next couple weeks during and after the job talking with him about how Jesus could change his life, several times with this tough guy sobbing, calling to talk more, and seeming to get it, wanting to hear what I had to say, yet he disappeared on me and I can’t help to feel inadequate in handling that situation. I don’t know what the HS is doing with the seeds I planted but I’m sure there was so much more I could have said when he was on his knees and that a good evangelist would have known what to do.

Much to learn in this area, I think the tracts show some good examples, I like them.

13. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

14. Hawaiiski

Hawaiiski New Member

Re: Chick Tracts

Can you cite any specific examples as found in Jack Chick's tracts?

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Horsehockey" is strong language? :laugh:

16. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Yes I to am interested I hear alot of people talk about this but no one has yet to pint one out. God bless. :)

17. lifeandliberty

lifeandliberty New Member

18. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Most people would probably never use these tracts. I would. Very powerful, and unique. If I came out of an adult book store and found one of these on my windshield, it would make me do some serious thinking. Thanks for the link.

19. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

If you don't mind paying a little extra for a good tract, call the Lifeway Store at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY and order some of the G.R.A.C.E. tracts.
    They were put together by an evangelism prof at SBTS and a student in his personal evangelism class as a result of what most gospel tracts seem to lack.

Here is an article about it: http://www.bpnews.org/bpnews.asp?ID=16799

20. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Gospel tracts in French...

Does anybody know a good website for French tracts?

Edit...
    Actually I just found some on the www.chick.com site but any more would be helpful.

Thanks

David