1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trail Life or Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause: Finally we are in agreement. :laugh:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I think Don has a good point. In fact Don, allow me to expand on that a bit.

Yes, Sapper left his wife at home, the day he entered the Army - (okay so maybe she attend his swearing in) - but did Uncle Sam send Sapper directly to a combat zone - NO! He first went to Basic Combat Training - where he learned the many skills required of a GI. He then went to AIT (Advance Individual Training) to learn the specific job he was committed to doing (in his case - Combat Engineer) if he did not succede in certian areas, he would have had to recycle until he was ready. After graduation - he then was issued the equptment needed to go into a combat zone.

Anotherwords - do not send a person into battle until he has the proper equipment and not until they are mature enough for the meat of the Word. A big problem is that our churches are not often sucessful in disciplship. Could be the church is doing a poor job - or the individual is not properly dedicated to fullfill the mission.

#42 Salty, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Of course they need to be equipped.

The churches I'm talking about aren't even trying, much less equipping.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Sappers! Hooah!

Seriously though, well said. We are to go into the world, but not be of the world. "Insulated, but not isolated." Until someone is mature enough to stand on their faith, we need them to be as sheltered as possible. "Babes in Christ". We don't expect a toddler to be a bread winner.

Discipleship is the key here, and as you said, seems to be a huge failing in today's churches.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and we need to be careful about lumping everyone together.

Can you think of what some would think if I said that Sapper and his platoon
    would be nothing without us Quartermaster types
    [​IMG]

Salty

Sorry Sapper - if the truth hurts! :smilewinkgrin:

#45 Salty, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, thanks for the expansion and better clarification!

TNID - AGREED. Where you're differentiating, however, is the part I bolded and underlined. You see, you recognize that churches are guilty of this; however, Zaac keeps talking about "the church."

I think (hope?) we all understand the difference.