1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Transgender and the church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I meant Peter and John. (see Acts 4:13)

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

So steadfast, using your logic if my child is born with a cleft pallet then I should leave him or her that way. Or if he or she is born with a hole in his or her heart the doctors shouldn't intervene. After all, that's the way God wanted him or her born.

3. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

I think you are comparing apples and oranges. Having surgery for a cleft pallette or a hole in the heart is not the same as having a "sex change" operation. Surgery for cleft pallette and heart surgery remedy existing health issues. However, a "sex change" operation is not an existing health issue and changing one's sex through surgical means is basically telling God that He made a mistake in assigning us the gender we were born with. God formed us either male or female for a reason. Who are we to tell God that He made a mistake?

We are talking about gender changes, (male to female or female to male), not physical health issues as cleft pallettes or holes in the heart, etc. which have a medical remedy through surgery.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Obviously you have not read what I have posted. I am against gender reassignment surgery. I'm talking about a hermaphrodite in which one is not sure what the child is. Your hubby says we should leave the child as is without surgical intervention. If your child or grandchild were born as a hermaphrodite it would be a different song and dance with you two.

I thought you and your husband had left the Baptist Board. If you are the same husband and wife tag team then welcome back.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God has a place for each person and being a sloth is not one of them. The person who makes excuses for being lazy is simply lazy.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If I remember correctly, the op said nothing of medical malformations but said that the wife had once been a man. I think the discussion went away from the original intent. Let's assume there was no physical necessity for the sex change other than a desire to become the other gender.

7. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Annsni is right, most of the threads have hijacked the original op.

In fact, it seemed that some threads were justifying sins of one because of sins of others. I do believe Satan was smiling the whole time.

8. Steadfast Fred

So, not only are you wrong about knowing my thoughts, but you are also wrong about my wife and I being a tag team who had left the Baptist Board.

I have been a member of the Baptist Board since 2009 and my wife just recently joined. Had we been a tag team, my wife would have joined at the same time I did.

I have no idea who you are talking about leaving the Baptist Board.

Out of curiosity, are we the only husband and wife that have accounts on here? What about your spouse, does she/he have an account. Does she/he agree with you on Biblical/non-Biblical stances?

You are making assumptions about what my wife or I would do, when truthfully you do not know. God has convicted the both of us concerning surgery to assign a specific sexual gender (even on hermaphrodites). Why would you think we would go against what God has already revealed to us as not being in His will?

9. Steadfast Fred

You are correct, the op said nothing about medical malformations. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

If any want to discuss medical malformations, I will be glad to post in their thread if they decide to open one. Otherwise, I will say no more concerning the subject in this thread. I have spoken my convictions and stand by them.

Any further posts concerning transgender operations in this thread I will remark on here except ones that do not pertain to the op.

Again, I thank you.

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

You are right, however, the author of the OP failed to describe the circumstance of the reassignment and then continued to argue that the circumstances didn't matter, when questioned about the initial motives of the one who the surgery.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Most likely, with the original couple, there were no birth issues and therefore I think we can say with certainty that what they are doing is wrong. And, a church that tolerates this in their midst is just as wrong. It's no different than when Paul confronted the church at Corinth for allowing a man to be in their midst who was publically known to be in a relationship with his father's wife.

12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, many of these birth issues are addressed surgically early on, without the child's consent or even knowledge. How would you counsel a married adult believer who finds out this had been done to her as an infant?

13. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Valid point but start a separate thread on this instead of hijacking this one.