1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Transgenders Affirm Traditional Gender Norms.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bruce Jenner's Transformation Is a Lose-Lose for Liberal Ideology

Transgenderism is unavoidably based on a kind of gender essentialism. It recognizes gender identities as being associated with certain socially accepted norms. What does it mean, for example, that Jenner’s “gender” is female? It means that he gets a sex change. It means that he poses in traditionally female attire for the cover of Vanity Fair. It means that he reaffirms traditional gender norms, even as he attempts to flee from them.

. . .

If you truly celebrate Jenner’s transition, you have to do it by recognizing some cultural narrative about womanhood, thereby perpetuating gender “inequality.” But if you’re committed to the abolition of gender norms, there’s no way you can affirm Jenner’s femininity, except in the meaningless abstract. It’s a lose-lose.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/03/bruce-jenners-transformation-is-a-lose-lose-for-leftists/

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

IMO we have the same political climate in the U.S.A. as did Sodom and Gomorrah before their destruction. 'They' didn't want us to think 'they' are aggressive, activist or militant in their advances and behaviors (or didn't care) but a look at their assault on Lot's family for his children paints a different narrative than what they wanted others to believe about them.

So, the same political climate existed then, and even now in our nation we see the peD**h*les wanting to be accepted in the same manner as the other *er*erts. all of them demand their rights which means if they are offended by what those who oppose them believe, the government will then make offending them 'illegal'. Hate crimes. :)

'Men' using the same bathrooms as women, which includes little girls? They're 'in our face' yet again. Nothing new under the sun.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being transgendered does not make one a pedophile.

4. Internet Theologian

Nor does it make one necessarily not a pe*op*ile. Does it make one p*rv*rted?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Off topic but a thought came to me while reading the OP, maybe it has been discussed before, but I don't remember it.

Will Bruce Jenner be required to forfeit HIS gold medal now that he claims to be female. If he wants to claim to be female now, then wouldn't HE have had to been a female back then. Seems like he was participating in the wrong events at the time, and should be labeled a cheater.

I bet he wouldn't have been allowed to participate in the women's events back then, but who knows about now. If HE was truly a female now, or back then, He wouldn't have won the men's class without doping to get the body He had back then.

Has HE gotten those nasty male private parts chopped off yet, how about a set of implants.

I wonder if He only developed His perversion after being around the Kardashian freak show. From the little I have seen of them, it could drive any sane person over the edge.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did pedophiles choose their sexuality?

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a really dumb statement there.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you?

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do you find fault with them?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My original statement stands. Take a look at the who is more inclined to be a pedophile. Hint: it ain't transgendered people.

11. Internet Theologian

#11 Internet Theologian, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you disagree with what is widely known to be true and obvious so I don't even know where to go from there and I believe this particular post of yours is a response to a statement that absolutely nobody made so take a break from slaughtering straw men.

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No kidding. You say that transgenders are not known to be pedophiles so Internet Theologian posts a 14 year old article from World Net Daily claiming that homos#xuals have a high rate of pedophilia.

Apparently in IT's world transgender = homos#xual.

Maybe it's a good thing that discussions of human sexuality is not permitted on BB. I shudder to think of the misinformation that would be posted.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. That's my only issue with how all of this is being handled. I wish people would just be honest with everybody and say that they are uncomfortable with the concept of all of this, instead of manufacturing all of these absurd motives that serve only to vilify and dehumanize people.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Older articles tend to be less skewed by politics.

Homosexuals are considerably more apt to involve themselves sexually with the underage. Anyone actually in contact with the phenomenon has to acknowledge this fact, perhaps most strongly explicated by the chairman of FRI in 1985.1 While homosexual spokesmen have disputed his conclusion, in a paper published in 2000 by Blanchard, Barbareee, Bogaert, Dicky, Klassen, Kuban, and Zucker2 the authors noted that the best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2-4% of men attracted to adults prefer men..; in contrast, around 25-40% of men attracted to children prefer boys…. Thus the rate of homosexual attraction is 6-20 times higher among pedophiles” (p. 464). These figures are quite similar to those we at FRI have used since the early 1980s — figures that for which gay activists have roundly criticized us. So how do Blanchard, et al., most of whom are from the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto, handle this fact that seems so damaging to the homosexual cause? By telling people not to notice, or if they do, not to draw the obvious conclusions.
    http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2009/02/pro-gay-bias-in-study-of-pedophilia/

However, despite efforts by homosexual activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains a disturbing connection between the two. This is because, by definition, male homosexuals are sexually attracted to other males. While many homosexuals may not seek young sexual partners, the evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners. In this paper we will consider the following evidence linking homosexuality to pedophilia:
    http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=is02e3

Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756

• Like Like x 1
  16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep trying Aaron! I like how all of this research everyone is digging up has nothing to do with transgendered people. Goal posts are no longer in sight.

#16 Use of Time, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently in Aaron's world transgender = homos#xual.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In July 2001, the New York Post published shocking details about the high homosexual molestation rates among New York's public-school teachers. Homosexuals were seven times more likely to molest children as heterosexuals.

Even GLAAD inadvertently has admitted that homosexuals molest children at far higher rates than do heterosexuals. They note that heterosexuals are responsible for 74 percent of male assaults and 77 percent of female assaults.

This leaves a 26 percent rate for homosexual molesters of boys. Yet, as pointed out earlier, homosexuals account for only 1 to 2 percent of the population. In short, homosexuals are at least 13 times as likely as heterosexuals to molest children.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/682722/posts

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In God's book, there is no heterosexuality or homosexuality. There is sodomy, and that is what is condemned.

Neither are there transgenders. There is mutilation, though.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Transgender is an illusion. So is homosexuality. So is heterosexuality.

It's all sodomy and mutilation. Let's just put all our children around them. They'll be safe.

(I love the way the BB glitches can preserve the edits of one's opponent when one replies quickly enough.)

• Winner Winner x 1