1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Traveling to Israel and the Middle East

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by ~serapha~, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ~serapha~

~serapha~ New Member

Hi there!

:wavey:

Well... this is the "travel" forum, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their experiences in traveling to Israel and/or the Middle East?

I could tell a few stories about coming/going to Israel, but I wouldn't really want to frighten anyone... :smilewinkgrin:

Well, what have I got to lose, no one has posted a thread on travel in this forum yet I don't think.

I'll share a humorous moment that a friend experienced in the airport in Ammon Jordon a couple of years ago... We had been excavating in Israel, and usual, I was carrying back 25-30 pounds of rocks, pottery sherds, and books I purchased in Israel, but I had discarded almost all my clothes to fill my suitcase with my returning antiquities..... but my friend had not disposed of her clothes. Her suitcase was quite heavy, so at the flight counter, they asked her if she wanted to ship her bag OR use the seat for herself.

:laugh:

~serapha~